The NFL's Supplemental Draft is happening via e-mail today and the Chiefs could be involved. Though we're still in the speculation stages, the Chiefs are reportedly one of a handful of teams interested in former BYU RB Harvey Unga.
The Chiefs attended his private workout on July 8 and have reportedly met privately with him on two occasions.
Unga says most teams are looking at him as a runner and not a blocker which, for the Chiefs purposes, would put him in a similar role to what Thomas Jones will be in 2010.
Here are a few stories we've had on Unga dating back to the middle of June:
- Chiefs reportedly talking with Harvey Unga
- Chiefs expected to be one of 20 teams at Harvey Unga's workout
- The Chiefs should probably avoid Harvey Unga and the supplemental draft
- Chiefs attend Harvey Unga's workout, have met with him twice
- Agent: Harvey Unga will "absolutely" get drafted
- Harvey Unga could go as high as the 3rd round
The supplemental draft process will take place via e-mail this afternoon and we'll update with who, if anyone, gets picked.