Here are five players I suspect will be discussed (a little or a lot) at One Arrowhead Drive in the coming week. Some likely have been already.
They're all big names and all will likely come with a big price tag so the chances of these happening probably aren't great.
1. RB Darren Sproles - The Chiefs are rumored to be interested in the soon-to-be free agent. Positives include his age (26) and versatility in the run and return game. Downsides include the possible price tag -- Redskins interested and could drive up the price -- and his size since the Chiefs were thought to be looking for a bigger back.
2. DE Julius Peppers - Again, I have no clue if the Chiefs will be interested. Last year at this time there were a lot of folks predicting the Chiefs would make a run at him if he were to hit the market. Now that he will be free this year, I suspect the Chiefs will take a peek. Remember, the Chiefs were one of a few teams to show serious interest in Albert Haynesworth so if the player is right in their minds, I think they'll be willing to spend.
3. WR Anquan Boldin - The Cardinals seem willing to part ways with Boldin this offseason. He's not an unrestricted free agent so this would have to come via trade. If/when Boldin is moved, I don't think it'll happen until closer to draft day. The Cardinals can sit back and listen to offers until then.
4. S Antrel Rolle - The safety out of Arizona will test the market and will likely have some suitors considering he's one of the best defensive players available. The Chiefs have perceived needs at both safety positions so it will be interesting to see if he's part of the mix.
5. LB Karlos Dansby - His price tag may drive the Chiefs away. Nevertheless, he's arguably the best linebacker available in free agency as of now.