Some fans might think that the Oakland Raiders are still lost. Surely a seven and eight team shouldn't poss any problems for a team that has just made the playoffs.
The 10-5 Chiefs take on the 7-8 Raiders this Sunday in the final game of the regular season. And don't look for it to be a cake walk for the Chiefs.
Let's just take a look at a couple of numbers:
- Jason Campbell has a 95.3 passer rating over the last 3 games.
- Jason Campbell has thrown for 793 yards and 4 touchdowns over the past three weeks.
- The last three weeks the Raiders have rushed for over 497 yards.
- The Raiders have scored an average of 32 points a game over the last three games.
Those are big numbers...ones that the Chiefs should be concerned about. Another big number the Chiefs should be concerned about is that the Raiders rank 10th in the NFL in completion percentage when throwing the ball deep left.
Every team in the NFL has strengths and weaknesses, tendencies, and go-to guys. They have plays they like to call during tight situations or directions they like to run when in the middle of the football field.
Let's check out those tendencies.
Please refer to the Bewsaf Past Posts bar at the bottom of this article for any inquiries into other articles written this week.
Raiders Rushing Offense
|Left End||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
|Plays: 68||Plays: 52||Plays: 18||Plays: 170||Plays: 23||Plays: 56||Plays: 59|
|NFL Rank: 8||NFL Rank: 12||NFL Rank: 28||NFL Rank: 3||NFL Rank: 27||NFL Rank: 14||NFL Rank: 9|
|Avg Gain: 5.85||Avg Gain: 5.40||Avg Gain: 1.89||Avg Gain: 4.67||Avg Gain: 5.65||Avg Gain: 5.27||Avg Gain: 6.69|
|NFL Rank: 12||NFL Rank: 6||NFL Rank: 32||NFL Rank: 4||NFL Rank: 3||NFL Rank: 4||NFL Rank: 4|
Raiders Rushing Notes:
- The Raiders like to run the ball almost as much as the Chiefs. In fact, Oakland has only given the ball to their running backs 19 less times than the Chiefs this year.
- Oakland has speed and those shows up in the stats. The Raiders are ranked 8th in the NFL in attempts around the left end and 9thin the NFL in attempts around the right end.
- The only other place the Raiders really like to run a lot is right up the gut. They rank 3rd in the NFL in attempts directly at the center.
- The dangerous part about all this running is that the Raiders rank around the top ten in production in most areas...especially the right side. Oakland ranks no lower then 4th in production when they run the ball to the right side of the formation (defensive left). That is 5 to 6 yards a pop.
- The Chiefs rank 1st in the NFL when teams attempt to run the ball around the right side (defensive left).
- Look for the Raiders to attack three major areas: Left end, center, and right end. But look for the Raiders to really have some big plays going to their left. The Chiefs rank 29th in the NFL when defending the sweep around the left end (defensive right end).
Raider's Rushing Yards Per Team vs Defensive Rushing Rank
- The only low rushing numbers the Raiders have had all year was against the Steelers, Dolphins, and Colts.
- Last time around the Chiefs held the Raiders to 112 yards rushing.
- In the first game the Raiders really tried to pound the rock to the right (defensive left). Out of the first six running plays...5 were toward the right (stat not shown in graph).
Raiders Passing Offense
NFL Rank: 11th
NFL Rank: 19thAvg Gain: 12.5
NFL Rank: 24thAvg Gain: 6.4
||MIDDLE SHORT||RIGHT SHORT
NFL Rank: 17thAvg Gain: 6.3
NFL Rank: 25thAvg Gain: 7.2
NFL Rank: 17thAvg Gain: 6.2
|Raider Passing Zone Frequency Chart
Raiders Passing Notes:
- Over the course of a year the stats show that the Raiders like to run the ball more than they like to throw it. But when they throw it they like to keep it balanced.
- No real tenancies in the passing zone frequency chart above. But when we dig a little deeper we find that the Raiders are ranked 6th in the NFL in completion percentage (71%) when throwing the ball to the short middle (stat not shown in graph) .
- Oakland also ranks 10th in the NFL in completion percentage (44%) when throwing the ball deep left (stat not shown in graph).
Other Interesting Stats:
- All of the stats above are around the NFL average.
- The only real stat of note is that the NFL average for "goal-to-go" is 70% while the Raiders score at a 75% rate when in a goal-to-go situation.
|8.||Higgins, Johnnie Lee||10||103||10.3||26||0|
Click On " Bewsaf Past Posts " for more past articles
|*It's All About The Match-ups When Asking If The Chiefs Can Win The AFC West||*KC Chiefs Passing Attack Threat Alert: Oakland Raiders II|