You may remember this game as (a) the game that Titans RB Chris Johnson was fined $10,000 for an endzone celebration involving drums or (b) the game that the Titans rushed for 332 yards on the Chiefs. No matter what you remember, it wasn't pretty.
I remember the game as affirmation that the 2008 Chiefs were a very bad team. They lost 34-0 the week before. The early parts of that 2008 season were some of the darkest days for Chiefs fans.
Looking back on this game made me once again reflect on just how far the Kansas City Chiefs have come in two seasons. The Chiefs went 2-14 in 2008 and looked like a 2-14 team doing it, including the Titans game. There were issues from top to bottom, side to side on that team.
Here's a reminder of just how bad the Chiefs were in that game (and how far they've come):
- Tyler Thigpen was 5/11 passing that game;
- Damon Huard was 9/16 in the same game;
- Brodie Croyle was 9/10 in that game. Yes, the Chiefs played three QBs that game;
- Larry Johnson was inactive for his first game following whatever legal drama he was in this time;
- The Chiefs' didn't register a sack; and,
- KC's defense gave up rushing TDs of 66 and 80-yards.