The Kansas City Chiefs look to improve their road record as they take on the Seattle Seahawks this Sunday. KC is coming of a home victory against the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle a loss to the New Orleans Saints.
One of the noticeable tendencies that Seattle has is that they like to throw the ball deep left, or the defensive right. So much so that they are ranked 5th in the NFL in attempts with 29.
Every team in the NFL has strengths and weaknesses, tendencies, and go-to guys. They have plays they like to call during tight situations or directions they like to run when in the middle of the football field.
Let's check out those tendencies.
Please refer to the Bewsaf Past Posts bar at the bottom of this article for any inquiries into other articles written this week.
Seahawks Rushing Offense
|Left End||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
|Plays: 16||Plays: 41||Plays: 29||Plays: 47||Plays: 17||Plays: 58||Plays: 16|
|NFL Rank: 31||NFL Rank: 7||NFL Rank: 13||NFL Rank: 27||NFL Rank: 23||NFL Rank: 2||NFL Rank: 29|
|Avg Gain: 3.81||Avg Gain: 4.29||Avg Gain: 4.10||Avg Gain: 4.49||Avg Gain: 1.82||Avg Gain: 4.10||Avg Gain: 1.88|
|NFL Rank: 28||NFL Rank: 18||NFL Rank: 10||NFL Rank: 8||NFL Rank: 30||NFL Rank: 15||NFL Rank: 32|
Seahawks Rushing Notes:
- Seattle does not appear to have the speed or inclination to run the ball outside the tight ends. They currently rank 31st in attempts toward the left end and 29th in the NFL in attempts when running toward the right end.
- The Seahawks preferred direction to run the ball is off-tackle. So much so that they are ranked 7th and 2nd in the NFL in attempts toward those tackles. Since the Chiefs are 28th in the NFL when teams rush toward their left tackle (Chiefs defensive right) then expect Seattle to really attack that left side.
- Seattle is also ranked 13th in attempts toward their left guard. So they rank 7th toward the left tackle and 13th toward their left guard. Expect the Seahawks to pound KC on that side and to balance it up by running toward their right guard.
Seatle's Rushing Yards Per Team vs Defensive Rushing Rank
|9.||New York Giants
- Looking at the common opponents: Seattle rushed for 110 yards against Arizona (KC 159), 47 yards against Oakland (KC 104), 68 yards against San Diego (KC 135), 109 yards against Denver (KC 51), and 77 yards against San Francisco (KC 207).
Seahawks Passing Offense
NFL Rank: 5th
NFL Rank: 31stAvg Gain: 12.7
NFL Rank: 9thAvg Gain: 12.0
||MIDDLE SHORT||RIGHT SHORT
NFL Rank: 5thAvg Gain: 5.4
NFL Rank: 29thAvg Gain: 6.8
NFL Rank: 13thAvg Gain: 5.1
|Seahawks Passing Zone Frequency Chart
Seahawks Passing Notes:
- Seattle loves to throw the ball deep left. So much so that they are ranked 5th in the NFL in attempts.
- The second part of the story that Seattle love to throw the ball deep left is that they only complete 31% of those passes (27th in the NFL in completion rate to deep left). That tells the Chiefs that the Seahawks will continue to go to that well regardless of what is going on in the game.
- It can be seen that the Seahawks just like to throw the ball to the left side of the field (defensive right). Seattle is ranked 5th in attempts to short left and deep left.
- Seattle complete 69% of its passes when throwing the ball to the short left (stats not shown in chart). That is 12 in the NFL in completion percentage.
Other Interesting Stats:
- Seattle is having a hard time scoring in the Red Zone: They score 32% of the time (NFL average 51%) That might be good since the Chiefs are giving up the score 66% of the time when in the Red Zone (51% NFL average).
- When in goal-to-go, the Seahawks are scoring at a 47% rate. That is below the NFL average of 69%.
- How are the Chiefs doing at defending against the touchdown when in a goal-to-go situation? They give up the TD 70% of the time.
- The Seahawks are converting 3rd downs at a 36% rate. That is slightly below the NFL average of 38%.
Click On " Bewsaf Past Posts " for more past articles
|*What Is Wrong With The Kansas City Running Game?||*Kansas City Chiefs Scoring By Field Position - Week 11|