The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Buffalo Bills this Sunday at Arrowhead. If ticket prices are any indication of fan enthusiasm then the Chiefs can expect a charged up crowd for the Bills game.
The Chiefs are coming off a 42-20 win over the Jaguars, a Jags team that likes the power running attack. This week KC is butting heads with a Buffalo offense which is ranked 27th in the NFL in yards per game: 15th in rushing with 100 yards per game and 23rd in passing with 184 yards per game.
Let's check out those tendencies.
Please refer to the Bewsaf Past Posts bar at the bottom of this article for any inquiries into other articles written this week.
Bills Rushing Offense
|Left End||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
|Plays: 16||Plays: 13||Plays: 20||Plays: 45||Plays: 17||Plays: 13||Plays: 18|
|Rank: 24||Rank: 27||Rank: 11||Rank: 16||Rank: 16||Rank: 28||Rank: 18|
|Avg Gain: 4.31||Avg Gain: 6.85||Avg Gain: 3.80||Avg Gain: 3.73||Avg Gain: 5.00||Avg Gain: 6.08||Avg Gain: 4.61|
|Rank: 20||Rank: 2||Rank: 12||Rank: 22||Rank: 6||Rank: 1||Rank: 21|
Bills Rushing Notes:
- It's hard to pick out some tendencies in the numbers above. The Bills have run the ball 45 times directly at the center which is ranked 16th in the NFL. Not really a tendency when we consider that is just middle of the pack in attempts.
- The Bills have been most successful running the ball over the left tackle: Ranked 2nd with 6.8 yards per attempt. But they have only attempted that 13 times. Which tells us that a couple of big runs might be mixed in the numbers.
- The Chiefs have been attacked 63 times directly at their nose guard which is 8th most in the NFL. In those attempts they have given up 3.5 yards per attempt (ranked 13th).
- After last weeks game and a few nice gains by Jacksonville over the left end...the Chiefs have given up 7.17 yards per attempt which is ranked 27th in the NFL.
- For the most part it appears that the Bills like to keep their running game balanced with the exception of runs up the gut. Expect the same this Sunday.
- The Bills are averaging 4.4 yards per carry on first down. On second and 6 they pass the ball 62% of the time and run it 37%.
Bills Passing Offense
Avg Gain: 12.3NFL Rank: 17th
Avg Gain: 7.1NFL Rank: 25th
Avg Gain: 8.4NFL Rank: 26th
||MIDDLE SHORT||RIGHT SHORT
Avg Gain: 6.6
Avg Gain: 4.7NFL Rank: 23rd
Avg Gain: 5.7NFL Rank: 27th
|Bills Passing Zone Frequency Chart
Bills Passing Notes:
- It looks like the Bills coaching staff does a good job at disguising any direction tenancies in the passing game. Which tells the Chiefs that Buffalo likes to spend time attacking all the areas with their strengths as opposed to totally zeroing in on opponents weaknesses.
- The Buffalo Bills aren't setting the world on fire with their passing game. But then again, they are a lot better on offense than they were last year. Last year the Bills were 30th in the NFL in yards passing per game. This year Buffalo slowly climbing with a ranking of 23rd in yards per game.
- Last year, 2009, the Bills were 4th in the NFL in sacks given up. This year they are currently ranked 10th.
- Buffalo has passed for 12 touch downs in 2010, which is 6th in the NFL, and rushed for 1 touchdown. That tells the Chiefs that when push comes to shove...the Bills earn their way through the air.
- The Bills are averaging 20 points per game.
Click On " Bewsaf Past Posts " for more past articles
|*Kansas City Chiefs Scoring By Field Position - Week 7||*Kansas City Chiefs O-Line Spotlight: Brian Waters|