Updated: 12:45 PM
Curiously, we don't have any updates from Bob Gretz at CBS Sports yet today. He's usually right on top of the updates, often doing it in real time. Is this part of the Chiefs' crackdown on Twitter-like real time updates? Not sure but it definitely could be. Gretz is on his way to Canton for DT!
This afternoon's practice is from 4:30 to 6:30 PM and we may end up seeing Tyson Jackson on the field for that. Cross your fingers!
We've got updates from this morning's practice, after the jump. As usual, we'll update this post with info as it comes in.
- No Tyson Jackson at the morning practice (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- ESPN's John Clayton is in attendance (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- It rained during practice which caused for slippery footing (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- The rain favored the defense (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- John Clayton says that the daily "situational talks" Haley has with team is straight from the Bill Parcells practice books (Josh Looney on Twitter)
- Right before Head Coach Todd Haley gave his post-practice press conference, he was overheard telling ESPN Analyst John Clayton that his father would be at the afternoon practice today. (UW-RF)
- You have to admire the officials standing in the pouring rain for all of practice. It was an hour before referee Mike Carey decided it was time for jacket. (UW-RF)
- Thigpen with a nice scramble to dive over the left pylon on the final play of practice (Josh Looney on Twitter)
- Glenn Dorsey made a nice play in the backfield during OL vs. DL drills (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- Derrick Johnson and Brandon Carr both made nice pass break ups
- Maurice Leggett picked off a pass....defense possibly celebrated with a "rain dance" (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- Make no mistake: Whenever Tyson Jackson arrives at camp, he's VERY far behind. And so is the Chiefs' defense. (Kent Babb on Twitter)
- During 7-on-7, the defensive first-string consisted of linebackers Mike Vrabel, Corey Mays, Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali and defensive ends Alex Magee and Alfonso Boone and defensive tackle Ron Edwards.(UW-RF)
- During 11-on-11, the starters included safeties Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, linebackers Mike Vrabel, Corey Mays, Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson, cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers, defensive ends Alex Magee and Alfonso Boone and defensive tackle Ron Edwards. (UW-RF)
- Wide receiver Rodney Wright continues to impress in camp. During a 1-on-1 drill he put a sick move on the cornerback leaving him in the dust and getting himself wide open for the easy completion. (UW-RF)
- Wide receiver Bobby Engram had the most problems catching the ball today. Engram dropped three balls during three different drills. He dropped one during 1-on-0, one during 6-on-0, and his final drop came during 7-on-7. (UW-RF)
- Running back Jamaal Charles coughed up the ball - it was recovered by linebacker Corey Smith. (UW-RF)
- Receiver Dwayne Bowe had the lone drop of the 11 on 11 session. (UW-RF)
- Monty Beisel and Zach Thomas not practicing today. Both have missed practices the past couple days (Thomas made it to part of yesterday's) (Josh Looney at the Mothership)