The Kansas City Chiefs released long snapper Tanner Purdum today. We heard the news via Josh Looney (of Twitter?). The Mothership has the official announcement here.
Purdum was originally signed on April 7th. He was a four year letterman with Baker and coached receivers at the University last year.
The Chiefs also brought back long snapper Thomas Gafford. Back on June 19th, the Chiefs released Gafford, who was with the team for nine games last season. He was originally signed in the middle of last season.
So, to recap the Chiefs long snapper movement.
- October 29th: Thomas Gafford signed
- March 19th: J.P. Darche released
- April 7th: Tanner Purdum signed
- June 19th: Thomas Gafford released
- August 13th: Tanner Purdum released
- August 13th: Thomas Gafford signed
Yikes...we might know too much about the Chiefs long snappers. Back to work I go.
H/T ICTChiefs in the FanShots