The Kansas City Chiefs will workout a handful of players from area teams on Friday according to Randy Covitz of the Kansas City Star.. An NFL rule allows teams to bring in local players. This is used mostly for those that weren't invited to any of the post-season activities. For the Chiefs this includes KU, MU, KSU, Ball State and Missouri Western.
Here's a few links for the players that will be coming to the Chiefs complex tomorrow.
QB Josh Freeman, KSU
- Josh Freeman set to visit the Chiefs (but he's not working out)
- #18 pick in the Arrowhead Pride Community Mock Draft (pre-Cutler trade)
- 27 on the Wonderlic Test
- Pre-Cassel, Peter King says Freeman could be an option for the Chiefs
LB Mike Rivera, KU
- We first heard Rivera would be coming to Kansas City for a workout
- A vote for Rivera as the Chiefs' Mr. Irrelevant Pick
WR Tommy Saunders, MU
LB Brock Christopher, MU
K Jeff Wolfert, MU
TE Chase Coffman, MU
G Roger Allen, Missouri Western
TE Darius Hill, Ball State
There are likely more players that will be attending the workout but that's all we've got for now. Remember to check out our Chiefs Draft Interests page (constantly updated and on the right side bar) and make sure you're using the FanShot section if you come across any other scheduled workouts or Chiefs draft interests.