Joel is on his way to the locker room as we speak in order to his best to dissect this atrocious loss. Make sure you tweet him your questions to @ArrowheadPride.
The Kansas City Chiefs have lost ten straight games in December, almost completely draining the Arrowhead Advantage late in the season. The Broncos ran all over the Chiefs today, finishing the day with over 200 yards on the ground.
This was a tough game to watch on pretty much every front. We'll have much more for you later but for now, here are some thoughts:
- The Chiefs started off hot on third downs, converting four of their first five.
- A punt by Dustin Colquitt late in the third quarter pinned the Broncos within the five-yard line.
- Tamba Hali had back to back sacks in the first half and the second one was a strip which Glenn Dorsey recovered. Hali also hit Kyle Orton near the goal line late in the third quarter and Dorsey recovered the fumble again.
- Jamaal Charles had a rushing TD again today, both his and the team's third of the season.
- Brodie Croyle has a much better arm than Matt Cassel. Don't know if that's good or bad actually.
- The Chiefs couldn't stop the run in the first half. The Broncos had 131 yards rushing in the first two periods.
- The Brodie Croyle appearance at the end of the third quarter. Not Croyle's play but the fact that Todd Haley made a decision to replace our starting QB with one full quarter to go was a terrible sign of how bad it was out there.
- Quinten Lawrence? Bobby Wade? Neither one is very good or very fast.
- Jovan Belcher, how do you not block that punt in the third quarter? It was actually harder to do what you did - miss the ball entirely - than to actually block the punt.
- Jamaal Charles fumbled in the third quarter and the Broncos took it to the house for six.
- Seven drops by the Chiefs in the first half. Seven. Bobby Wade had five for the entire game I believe.
- Matt Cassel was 10/29 passing for 84 yards. He had two INTs and a 14.3 QB rating.
- The Chiefs allowed 20 points in the third quarter. The game was over before the fourth quarter started.
Chime in with your thoughts.