The Kansas City Chiefs had a chance to tie the game at 17 but Matt Cassel's interception with just over a minute left sealed KC's fate.
Bengals win, 17 to 10.
Larry Johnson made a few brief appearances and made no real impact on the game. Chiefs LB Demorrio Williams tackled Johnson out of bounds in the second quarter and LJ came up jawing at Williams. That was the only real drama between LJ and his former team.
On this whole, this was an uneventful game. There were no big plays and only three touchdowns and two field goals scored. The ending didn't even live up to expectations - Matt Cassel's pass was intercepted with over a minute left. No Hail Mary to the end zone. No late game drama.
Very forgettable contest today, Chiefs fans. One more to go next week - Against Denver, in Denver.
Here are some thoughts on the game:
- RB Tim Castille's fourth quarter TD catch was just awesome on all accounts - Cassel's pass, Castille's toughness and the fact that it tied the game made it great.
- Jamaal Charles - 102 yards rushing on a hefty 24 carries.
- Bowe was the Chiefs' leading receiver. He had 9 catches for 61 yards. He was targeted the most as well - 12 times.
- The Chiefs were an incredible 7/15 on third downs.
- The Chiefs allowed the Bengals to go on a 14 play, 7:16 drive to score the go ahead TD in the fourth quarter.
- Matt Cassel threw two interceptions and ended the day with a 58.4 passer rating. He was 22/37 for 180 yards and one touchdown to RB Tim Castille.
I have to say there wasn't much ugly to this game. Cedric Benson rushed for 133 yards on 29 carries but he was never dominant. Matt Cassel didn't have the best game but it wasn't ugly. I think this is the first part of any Chiefs game this year that hasn't had an "Ugly" portion.
What are your thoughts on the game today?