Larry Johnson highlights the Chiefs and Bengals connections this week. Remember what LJ said on his Facebook page a while back about playing the Chiefs. Apparently it's supposed to rain in Cincy this weekend. Lotsa mud talk:
"Gonna gallop all over the Chiefs. Cleat prints on the chests. Mud in the face masks"
Nice guy that LJ. Only in Cincinnati is he not the biggest loser on the team. East Kansas community colleges in the house, again as well. What's in the water down there in eastern Kansas? You know, besides lead and pesticide runoff....
- Chiefs defensive line coach Tim Krumrie was a 10th-round draft pick of the Bengals in '83. A two-time Pro Bowler, he played in 193 regular season games (166 starts) for the Bengals and was a member of Cincinnati's Super Bowl XXIII squad. He later served as an assistant coach for the team ('95-02).
- Kansas City LB Corey Mays played with Cincinnati (2007-08).
- Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis served an NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship with Kansas City in '91.
- Bengals TEs coach Jonathan Hayes ('85-93), RB Larry Johnson (2003-09) and TE J.P. Foschi (2008) all played with Kansas City.
- Kansas City G/T Ikechuku Ndukwe is the brother of Bengals S Chinedum Ndukwe.
- Kansas City TE Jake O'Connell played collegiately at Miami (OH).
- Cincinnati offensive coordinator Bob Bratowski ('78-80) and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer ('79-80) each coached at Missouri.
- Bengals WRs coach Mike Sheppard ('83) and associate strength and conditioning coach Ray Oliver ('83-84) coached at Kansas ('83).
- Cincinnati special teams coach Darrin Simmons played at Dodge City (KS) CC and also played ('93-95) and coached ('96) at Kansas.
- Bengals T Anthony Collins played collegiately at Kansas (2004-07).
- Cincinnati CB Johnathan Joseph played at Coffeyville (KS) CC.
Anyone we missed?