Courtesy of Pete Moris and the Kansas City Chiefs PR crew, we have this week's Kansas City Chiefs/Denver Broncos connections.
This week's connections have a solid mix of coaching connections as well as older player connections. For some reason, I didn't realize Ty Law was a Bronco.
Also, who knew Brandon Lloyd played at Blue Springs outside of Kansas City? Me neither. That Sproles kid usually takes up the Blue Springs accolades.
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels each earned three Super Bowl rings with New England.
- Chiefs assistant GM Joel Collier is the son of Joe Collier, who served 20 seasons as an assistant coach with Denver (’69-88). The younger Collier played collegiately at Northern Colorado.
- KC defensive assistant Ronnie Bradford played three seasons (’93-95) and coached for six years (2003-08) for Denver. He played at Colorado.
- KC strength coach Cedric Smith (2001-06) and asst. strength coach Brent Salazar (2005) worked with Denver. Salazar is a Denver native.
- Denver C Casey Wiegmann (2001-07), DL Vonnie Holliday (2003- 04) and CB Ty Law (2006-07) played with Kansas City.
- Denver special team coordinators Mike Priefer coached three seasons with Kansas City (2006-08).
- Denver coaching assistant Jay Rodgers spent time at Dodge City CC (2003) and Missouri State (2004). He also played at Missouri State.
- Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd is a native of Blue Springs, MO.
- Chiefs PR Coord. Brad Gee was a Seasonal PR Asst. w/DEN in 2008.
And we have our fourth Dodge City Community College mention in the life of Arrowhead Pride. Yes!