We've got our third Coffeyville, KS, mention of the season (including preseason) which I find to be a bit odd. Something in the water down there? Anyone?
A quick Wikipedia search reveals other notable alumni of Coffeyville Community College.
- Actor Gary Busey
JaMarcus Russell look-alike Buster Douglas
- Giants RB Brandon Jacobs
Hall of fame pitcher Walter Johnson lives in Coffeyville as well. Who knew there was so much history in a little corner of Southeastern Kansas? Heck, Coffeyville beats out Johnson County IMO in terms of culture and alums. Seriously. Treeless cul-de-sacs are soul-crushing people.
- Dick Haley was a CB with Washington ('59-60). He is the father of Kansas City head coach Todd Haley.
- Kansas City strength and conditioning coach Cedric Smith was a fullback with Washington ('94-95).
- Washington QB Todd Collins spent eight seasons with KC ('98-05).
- Redskins offensive quality control coach Bill Khayat spent time on the Chiefs practice squad ('96).
- Redskins Director of Player Personnel Scott Campbell ('97-99) and area scout Shemy Schembechler ('96-97) each worked for the Chiefs.
- Chiefs regional scout Jim Nagy (2001) and area scout Ryan Kessenich (2005) each spent time with Washington.
- KC T Branden Albert prepped at Glen Burnie HS in Glen Burnie, MD.
- Washington defensive coordinator Greg Blache ('87) and strength coach Bobby Crumpler (2002) each coached at Kansas.
- Washington equipment manager Brad Berlin is a graduate of the University Missouri and spent one season ('98) working for the Tigers.
- Redskins RB Ladell Betts attended Blue Springs HS in Blue Springs, MO, where he was the USA Today Missouri Player of the Year.
- Washington RB Rock Cartwright played collegiately at Kansas State.
- Redskins WR Devin Thomas played at Coffeyville (KS) CC.
- Chiefs special teams coach Steve Hoffman ('83) played for the Washington Federals of the USFL.