Senior Bowl News
- To get the basics of this game out of the way, read this FAQ.
- The Sun-Sentinel: "Make no mistake about it, there's a lot of money to be made at the Senior Bowl."
- SI.com, at first glance, seems to be the place to go to get daily updates on the Senior Bowl practices. Not good news on our boy Rey Maualuga on the first day of practice:
Maualuga looked rusty today, both physically and mentally. He's not in the best of shape and was very hesitant to make decisions on the field. Maualuga seemed to get his bearings as the day proceeded, but his play was not reminiscent of a potential top-five pick.
Eh, it's early. We'll see how he plays out.
- Jon at MVN wonders if the Chiefs are waiting until 2010 to find a permanent head coach.
- I posted about this earlier but I'll leave it here too. The Chiefs' coaching staff is in limbo, meaning most of the staff at the Senior Bowl this week are actually looking for new jobs instead of scouting for the team.
- Going back to that KC Star link above, former Chiefs defensive coordinator Greg Robinson indicated he felt vindicated when the Chiefs defense didn't improve after he left. Glad we got another excuse maker out of the team's decision making process.
- Chiefs Gab lays out their 2008 season awards.
- Checking out the Chiefs' free agency possibilities.
- Gotta love these crazy rumors coming out now: Chargers DC Ron Rivera was "spotted" at the Capital Grille in Kansas City with Scott Pioli. Who knows...could be true...
- This slipped past me recently but apparently Scott Pioli's contract is for 5 years and it makes him the highest paid GM in the league.
- A Lions beat writer says it's increasingly doubtful the Lions take a QB with the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.
- Real Clear Sports has the Top 10 Failed Super Bowl ads.
- Wow. The top level positions in sports really are insanely incestuous: " Mangini's wife Julie is the sister of Indians general manager Mark Shapiro."