Make sure you keep checking back here, especially early this week. By most accounts, the GM talks with Scott Pioli have been heating up and a decision could be near. Mind you, this is more speculation but things seem to be moving towards a Pioli hire.
- This morning, Mike Reiss of The Boston Globe's site says what we've been hearing for a few days now- Scott Pioli's interest in the Kansas City Chief's GM job has grown in recent days and that a deal is likely.
- Pro Football Weekly pretty much nails our top three draft needs- DE, QB and LB.
- Should the Chiefs draft Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree?
- Bob Gretz is talking about the Chiefs' Super Bowl win.
- The $25 million tax credit proposal that encouraged the Chiefs to move their 2010 training camp site to Missouri Western University is being strongly debated by Missouri lawmakers. The proposal is still up in the air, still needing signatures from a few key people.
- 5 years ago yesterday the Chiefs played in their last divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts. We somehow lost the game despite Priest Holmes rushing for 176 yards. Check out the game stats here.
AFC West News
- In case you missed it, the Denver Broncos have tabbed former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to be their next head coach. McDaniels was reported to be a head coach possibility whereever Scott Pioli landed.
- The Raiders are expected to interview Green Bay Packers linebackers coach Winston Moss for their vacant head coaching spot. The Broncos go out and get one of the top coaching candidates of the last couple of years and the Raiders are interviewing a position coach. Goes to show you just how bad a job Oakland is.
- Despite losing to the Pittsburgh Steelers last night, Charger fans are happy with just how exciting the last month and a half have been for the team.
Other NFL News
- Playoff update: The Ravens beat the Titans 13 to 10 in a sloppy game on Tennessee's part. The Steelers whipped the Chargers 35 to 24. Carolina self-destructed in a 33-13 loss to the Cardinals. The Panthers committed six turnovers, including 5 interceptions by QB Jake Delhomme. Finally, the Eagles yawningly beat the Giants 23 to 11.
- The conference championship games are set- Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (5:30 PM Central time) and Philly @ Arizona (2:00 PM central time).