- The latest update, if you will, from the Kansas City Star:
Defensive end Jared Allen left Minnesota on Sunday without agreeing on a contract with the Vikings.
The Chiefs and Vikings also had not agreed to terms of a trade that would send the discontented Allen to Minnesota in return for draft picks.
The trade terms appear to be the bigger impediment. An NFL source indicated that Allen and the Vikings were close enough to an agreement that one could likely be hammered out if the two teams agree on the draft-pick compensation.
Allen could make a visit this week to see the Buccaneers in Tampa.
- From KFFL - "Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with Troy State CB Leodis McKelvin."
- Keep an eye on the Star-Tribune's Vikings blog. They seem to be the ones with the latest info on the Jared Allen trade situation. The Daily Norseman is providing great commentary as well.
- You've probably already read this but Joe Posnanski's latest on the Allen trade talks is a good read -- Chiefs, Peterson left bad taste in Allen’s mouth.
- Our Jaguars blogger has weighed in on Jared Allen as well -- Trading for Jared Allen: Myths, Facts, and Reality.
- Steven at Arrowhead Addict -- Why Jake Long will fall to the Chiefs.
- Thank you, Mr Hunt -- "We need to make sure we have the people and the process in place that allows us to be successful drafting every year. We’ve seen that if you go two or three years with poor drafts, that eventually will catch up to you. There’s nothing you can do in free agency to make up for that."
- PFW -- "Word out of Kansas City is that the Chiefs harbor a belief that free-agent acquisition OT Anthony Alabi can help ease the dire situation that exists on the offensive line. Alabi was canned in Miami primarily because of a knee injury concern, but if healthy, he figures as a considerable upgrade at right tackle over Will Svitek."
The Chiefs will be content, at least for a few days, to let the Vikings and Bucs duke it out over Allen. Like Herm always says, competition is good.
So...how about the new look of the site?? I'm already loving it and I think you will too once you mess around with it. Read Trei's intro post to the new site below this entry closely and you'll get the gist of all the cool, new features.
If you have any questions at all, you can e-mail me as always at firstname.lastname@example.org.