- Carl Peterson -- "Our previous head coaches didn’t want to do it in this fashion. They wanted to play veteran players and were reluctant to play young players. Herm has a different philosophy, and you always try to go with the philosophy of your head coach because at the end of the day, he’s the one who has to get the most out of them."
- I'm linking House of Georges for reminding me of this quote from Mitch Holthus, from the Chiefs/Bengals game last year -- "It's intercepted! Dos Tres steps in front of Ocho Cinco, and picks off Carson Palmer!"
- From KFFL, the Kansas City Chiefs have shown interest in Wisconsin PK Taylor Mehlhaff and Gardner-Webb WR Duvaughn Flagler.
- Hawaii QB Colt Brennan is having hip surgery and won't be able to work out for 8 to 12 weeks. Is there a player who's stock has fallen further over the last year than Brennan's?
- The Phinsider - The Case for Matt Ryan.
- The NFL tabled the Chiefs' proposal to have players with long hair tuck it underneath their helmets. In committee speak, that means they don't really care about this issue and rather than deal with it, they just put it off until later.
- I wanted to mention that the compensatory picks this year are based on last year's free agent losses and gains. I didn't make that clear earlier.