- Here is the KC Star article PVChiefsfan mentioned in the diaries. Lots of snark there.
- Hashmarks -- "And the odds are increasing that McFadden will be too much for Davis to pass up."
- If the Chiefs need a corner back, why not Lito Sheppard?
- From East Coast Sports News -- "Brandon Albert - The Virginia guard is projected to play left tackle and will be picked with one of the top 10 picks of the draft...the Chiefs at #5, the Patriots at #7, the Ravens at #8, and the Bengals at #9 will be his likely landing spot...Albert is being viewed as a better prospect than Boise State offensive tackle Ryan Clady."
Albert may be a better pro prospect than Clady but why is this conclusion being reached now and not months ago?
- Arrowhead Addict has a couple of different views on the Kansas City Chiefs schedule.
- Check out the strength of schedule in 2008. The easiest schedule? The Patriots, of course.
- How is Seattle at Arizona in Week 17 a "can't miss" game? Oakland at Kansas City in Week 1 is at least as good as that.
- This guy is apparently quite angry about the high number of mock drafts that are published on the Internet. He thinks they're useless because hardly anyone (if anyone) will predict the first round correctly. I think they're useful because it informs you about players you might have otherwise never heard of and because if you're not hung on up on getting each pick right, you're going to learn a lot. Especially with the format we've been using here. I mean of all of the things to be angry about...mock drafts?
- Bending the rules to draft Brandon Albert?
- WPI also has thoughts on the '08 schedule.
- Go figure. Another San Diego Charger linebacker suspended for steroid use.
Virginia guard Brandon Albert is officially the hot ticket in the draft over the last two weeks. He's gone from a mid to late first round projection to discussions about the Chiefs seriously considering him at the #5 spot. This is the time to get hot, that's for sure.
Make sure you check out that San Diego Tribune article about the writer angry at mock drafts. It's oddly entertaining.
I'll be back in a bit with the Atlanta Falcons mock draft pick.