- Former Chief WR Samie Parker will become a Denver Bronco. Head on over to Mile High Report, where theSportsGuru has asked us to fill them in on Parker.
- The price for Pacman Jones is going up.
- After Glenn Dorsey, Matt Ryan, Vernon Gholston, Ryan Clady and Brandon Albert visited the Chiefs on Monday, the team will also host Duane Brown of Virginia Tech and Fernando Velasco of Georgia, cornerbacks Brandon Flowers of Virginia Tech, Reggie Corner of Akron and Cary Williams of Washburn and defensive lineman Brian Johnston of Gardner-Webb.
- Check out this fantastic article at the Phinsider on the value of the #1 pick in the NFL draft.
- In the future, I will link any article that mentions Eddie Kennison and "sucking on Mike Shanahan’s booty".
- This is terrible -- "The 37-year-old brother of National Football League running back Michael "the Burner" Turner was the innocent victim of a shooting Friday night in North Chicago."
- Rams player personnel boss Billy Devaney -- "You're wasting your time trying to predict what he's [Parcells] going to do because he's the master at it. What's he thinking? I don't know, I wouldn't pretend to know, and I won't try to predict."
- Thoughts on a mock draft that has the Kansas City Chiefs taking two of the top corners with their first two picks?
I was holding out a smidgen of hope that the Chiefs would be able to land Jake Long this draft but I've given up all hope. It ain't gonna happen. You've known this for a while but I just now full accepted this reality. Virginia OG Brandon Albert may be my new pick at that spot.
What does it mean that the Chiefs did not host Darren McFadden or Sedrick Ellis yesterday with all of the other prospects? Right now...nothing. The logic cuts both ways. You could argue the Chiefs are genuinely interested in those players that visited yesterday and you could also argue that the visits were planned as a smoke screen to further confuse other teams. It's all a crap shoot right now.
I've got the Lions mock draft pick ready to go and I'll post it in a bit.