Zubaz pants again this morning...And is it Zoo-baz or Zoo-buzz?
- A lot of people seemed content with Larry Johnson's apology on Wednesday for his recently reported behavior. Except Mike Hendricks of the KC Star and myself. I couldn't see Larry's press conference for more than what press conference's have become these days - a quick way to get people off your back. Hendrick's brings up Will Shields as the ultimate Chiefs' example of a man and he's right on. I'm going to forget about Larry's apology and wait to see how he backs it up, on and off the field.
- The Kansas City Chiefs don't want Tyler Thigpen to run the ball recklessly. I'm guessing it's because the Chiefs don't want the distinction of having to start their fourth quarterback of the season.
- Gotta disagree with Crane over at AA this morning. I think Bob Gretz does a hell of a job and frankly I feel lucky that he relates little nuances of the game in his blog that we would otherwise never know.
- I'm guessing Laveranues Coles and a few other Jets don't play on Sunday.
- Nick Athan of WPI steps out on a limb with this quote - "Right now Gonzalez’s legacy is a bit tarnished and probably will remain so until he publicly states that he will not ask for a trade in the offseason, that he’s going to retire a Chief, and he’s going to do whatever it takes to make his team a Super Bowl contender."
- (Relatively) new commenter Merriam Matt throws out an interesting name in this FanPost.
- Titans RB Chris Johnson was fined $10,000 for his post-TD celebration against the Chiefs when he banged on the drums of the Chiefs' TD Pack Band. At that point in the game, I thought it was pretty funny too.
- Damon Huard tore ligaments in his hand, which I have to say is a legit injury. I have to take back anything I said about Huard's absence being due to his lack of motivation.
- Finally, head to the UW-RF Chiefs web site and be magically whisked away to a time before the 2008 season became a #$%@ show.