- Talk about your boring headlines during Super Bowl week -- Super Bowl ratings so-so for Purdue QBs.
- Jared Allen is opening up his own restaurant in Kansas City in early March, with "17 42-inch plasma TVs, a game room, a dance club, an outdoor rooftop deck and a street-level patio."
- The Kansas City Star says the Chiefs may not be able to pass on a franchise quarterback in the draft. Too bad Matt Ryan isn't one.
- I've said it here a bunch and KC Chiefs Fanatic says its better -- The Danger Behind the Hype.
- Jon at MVN weighs drafting the best player available versus drafting by need.
- Al Saunders, the Chiefs offensive coordinator from 1989 to 1998, was fired from his position with the Washington Redskins.
- Could the Dolphins trade away the #1 overall pick?
- $4,300 for a Super Bowl ticket? I'll pass.
Besides the Super Bowl this weekend, the next football related event we have to look forward to is the Combine February 20-26. That's where the coin flip will take place to determine the 3,4,5 draft order.
After reading that KC Star article, let me play devil's advocate for a minute and ask -- What would happen if the Chiefs did draft Matt Ryan? A fan revolt? Eventual complacency? I'd be disappointed with a hint of curiosity.