Today's practice: 9:08-10:24 a.m.; practice 3:45-4:10 p.m.
News and notes for the Kansas City Chiefs' practices on Wednesday, August 1st:
- Expect DT Alfonso Boone to be back in a week or two from his broken finger.
- Sounds like Michael Bennett is doing a bang up job in camp. Almost every piece of news about him is positive and he is, currently, not injured.
- Derrick Ross literally ran over 6 year safety Chad Williams in the AM practice.
- Warpaint Illustrated, reporting from River Falls, noted rookie DT Tank Tyler's ineffectiveness on a number of plays in the AM practice.
- Jeff Webb, Ean Randolph, Benny Sapp and Chris Hannon all took turns taking kickoff returns during the special teams drills.
- Will Svitek and Turk McBride got into it and Herm kicked Svitek out of practice for throwing a punch. Herm said, "He has that temper and he has been a defensive guy and has a short fuse. He’s got a chance to play in this league and does a good job of developing; he’s tough and physical and wants to get after guys. But he has to understand you have to keep your composure."
- Patrick Surtain picked off a pass tipped by Jarrad Page. Ty Law and CB Benny Sapp also had interceptions.
- Rich Scanlon, James Reed and William Kershaw all registered sacks in the afternoon drills.
Will Svitek: The former NFL Europa left tackle made this down nod an easy one. If you get ejected from practice, you're probably going to end up next to that arrow. Turk McBride may have swung first but Svitek still got caught. Honorable mention: Tank Tyler.
Hermism: On yelling at fans: "Oh yeah, in New York you do that all the time."
More photos, after the jump...
Note: You can check out all of the training camp coverage here.