Today's practice: Seniors Day; practice 9:08-10:36 a.m.; practice 3:53-5:24 p.m.
News and notes for the Kansas City Chiefs' practices on Tuesday, July 31st:
- Rookie CB Tyron Brackenridge was seen practicing with the starting secondary.
- Former Dolphin left tackle Damion McIntosh got high marks from C.E. Wendler of WPI, even while he was lined up against Jared Allen.
- Herm on safety Jarrad Page's youthful enthusiasm: "He’s trying to do too much. I mean he’s a good football player; he’s trying to do not only his job but someone else’s, so all of a sudden he’s not in position to make a play he is suppose to make."
- Bernard Pollard was "visibly shaken" when he sustained a broken finger. DT Alfonso Boone also broke a finger yesterday. Not too worried about those though. Pollard later came back to the afternoon practice.
- Another day of camp and more reports of Jared Allen's enthusiasm and energy. Opponents...we're warning you now...
- Herm on Tuesday's morning practice: "The first two practices were very good, yesterday’s practices both during the morning and after. This one was ok, but it wasn’t at the same competition level, a couple guys couldn’t do it mentally. In the game of football, you have to let your mind control your body, you can’t let your body control your mind."
- In the PM 11 on 11 drills, the defensive line dominated the offensive line. Tamba Hali would have earned a sack had it been a live game and Derrick Johnson tipped a Croyle pass.
- Marcus O'Keith also fumbled after a 10 yard run in the 11 on 11 drill.
- Safety Jarrad Page's response to Herm's earlier criticism: "It's hard to pull back sometimes. At the safety position you can’t try and make plays; you have to wait till the play comes to you and then go after it."
- CB Benny Sapp also had a pick on Brodie Croyle.
- Brodie Croyle took all of the PM practice reps.
Derrick Ross: He gets the down nod today not so much for his on the field play but for a lack of mentions in any training camp coverage yesterday. A former co-MVP of NFL Europe, Ross is barely sharing snaps with Marcus O'Keith and Kolby Smith for playing time behind no. 2 RB Michael Bennett.
Hermism: Waitress: "So are you a big Chiefs fan?" Herm Edwards: "Yeah…you could say that. I’m a big fan." (Thanks Josh!)
After the jump, a few more pictures from the UW-RF page.