Today's practice: Kids Day; practice 9:08-10:36 a.m.; practice 3:53-5:11 p.m.
News and notes for Monday, July 30th:
- Brodie Croyle is already looking sharp and already seems to be taking a few more snaps than Damon Huard each drill. Croyle on the QB situation- "No, we’re splitting reps basically right down the middle. We split up days who is going with the ones and they won’t make a decision I wouldn’t think until the preseason is over."
- Bernard Pollard blitzed Brodie Croyle, tipped the QB's pass and picked it off for an INT. The guy is already exciting me and its day 3 of practice.
- DT Alfonso Boone had to be taken to the locker room after injuring his hand. No word on how serious it is.
- Derrick Ross fumbled twice in a 9 on 7 drill in the morning practice. Herm Edwards said, "I saw the same thing this spring." Darnell Jefferson would tell Ross to tuck it in and hold on for dear life...
- Jarrad Page had two picks in two different drills and has seemingly only gotten better since his promising rookie year.
- CBs Tyron Brackenridge and Benny Sapp have been rotating out for first-team nickel corner.
Derrick Ross: Anytime you screw up and the head coach expects it, your chances are quickly fading away. Kolby Smith is already separating himself from Ross.
Hermism: On Kyle Turley- "He wanted to try it again and I respect the guy, not just because he went to San Diego State. He’s a good football player."
After the jump, a few more pictures I pulled from the UW-RF website...