- Arrowhead Addict gives us a John Elway photoshop. I'm proud to say that this site still gets hits from people googling that pair.
- Chiefs Fanatic has a great article on the question "if Chiefs fans care more about the success of their favorite player or the overall success of the team itself." Pretty much sums up my feelings too.
- Chiefs Blitz has another installment of "Let the Battles Begin", this time at fullback.
- This Saturday, you can check out the Chiefs for free at Arby's Mini Camp at Arrowhead Stadium. Stadium is open at 10:30 am and the Chiefs take the field for practice at 11:30 am.
- Pats Pulpit has many threads on the passing of Patriot's back up defensive end Marquise Hill. Hill died after falling off of a jet ski in Louisiana. For those of you who may not know, Chiefs RB Joe Delaney drowned in a Louisiana pond in the summer of 1983 while trying to save three young boys. Chiefs fans send their condolences to the family of Marquise Hill.
- In this article from the Arizona Republic titled "Trading Trent Green makes no sense", we get (besides a lot of BS written by a guy who even sounds like he's covering football from AZ, i.e. doesn't know what he's talking about) one of the better descriptions of the whole ordeal: "the most-delayed trade in history".
- The Fanhouse says that Jared Allen has turned over a new leaf. I'm still skeptical.
- As usual, Phil gets it right when he says "Peterson owes it to Green to get something done, but at the same time, Green owes it to Peterson to keep quiet and not react until Peterson gets a fair offer."
- Only days removed from returning to KU for another season, Brandon Rush will be out 4 to 6 months with an ACL tear. Rock Chalk Talk has more coverage.
Morning Update (Marquise Hill RIP)
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.