I have to throw this quote in from the official Chiefs site:
EDWARDS: "He had to go to New Jersey to be a citizen and get his papers. I think he'll be back tomorrow. I just told him congratulations and enjoy. It's great.
Tamba Hali, in the great tradition of the Nigerian Nightmare.
On to the news...
- Herm Edwards seems to think that Damon Huard is almost definitely going to be the #2 guy behind Trent Green. Huard took the majority of the snaps yesterday.
- Lenny Walls and Brian Waters are essentially day to day, with hamstring and foot injuries respectively
- No update on Priest Holmes' condition
- Trent Green seems to be happy with new offensive coordinator Mike Solari's offensive scheme. Apparently, it is quite similiar to last year's scheme, with few changes.
- Third-year tight end Kris Wilson scorched the defense twice for TDs.
- Ronnie Cruz popped new Chief Bernard Pollard on a block that left LJ wide open for a touchdown. Hope to see that more often this year...
Not too much drama coming out of camp so far. Just watching the left-tackle position, the draft picks and some of the veterans.