Kansas City Chiefs LB Tamba Hali was voted the NFL's 43rd best player, according to a player vote conducted via NFL Network. This comes after LB Derrick Johnson was voted 64th, LB Justin Houston voted 57th and S Eric Berry at 50th.
Not bad, Chiefs linebackers.
Here are a few quotes from the NFL Network video on Tamba. The best one being a reference to a "Mr. Miyagi double hand-swipe".
Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson
- The guy is freaking tough man. If you want to take someone into a back alley with you to have a street fight, Tamba Hali would be my first choice.
Raiders RB Darren McFadden
- Tamba Hali, he's a guy with a great motor. He's going hard from start to finish every play. He's going to be in your backfield and letting you know he's on the field.
- Any time you're making a game plan, you have to know where he is every play.
Chargers OT King Dunlap
- He won't back down. He's coming every time and you gotta deal with him. Most people don't realize how quick he is for a guy his size.
- I saw somewhere this offseason where he's doing some MMA training, trying to work on his close quarter combat with us and his handwork.
FB Michael Robinson
- His love for the game, not a lot of people have that love. It's from his background. He really feels it's a privilege to be over here in the United States and it's a privilege to play the game of football and he enjoys every second of it.
Raiders OT Khalif Barnes
- He knows how to use his hands really well. He has almost like a Mr. Miyagi double hand-swipe.
Bills OT Cordy Glenn
- If I'm trying to put my hands on him, he might be able to knock them down or chop them down. He's really good at doing that type of stuff.
Browns TE Jordan Cameron
- You can't help but take notice when you watch the Chiefs defense that he stands out.
Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers
- Whenever you have a player where the opposing team is going to change their entire blocking scheme just to block you, you're definitely a top 100 player.