I just became a Chiefs fan. Yesterday I published a formal letter rescinding my membership from the Washington Redskins. I could link to it I suppose, but that's not really necessary. The most important thing is that I'm now a Chiefs fan. I'd like to state why I root for the Chiefs, and I'd like you guys to help me come up with some more reasons. Also, if you could direct me to some great resources on twitter, facebook, and print media for keeping up with the Chiefs, I'd really appreciate it.
- My great-uncle was a long times Chiefs fan. He used to live near the stadium before Arrowhead. He was a season ticket holder for many years. He's 88 years old and he's waiting for the Chiefs to return to glory before he tries to get back to the stadium. I hope to visit him from DC and take him to a big Chiefs game sometime if he's healthy enough for it. Maybe I'll just take him to a good sports bar instead.
- The Chiefs had one of the best owners in the history of the sport.
- I got a chance to meet Nick Lowery at an event for my alma mater in DC. He seems like a great dude who is in the Chiefs Hall of Fame. He's one of the greatest kickers of all time. Plus he lived down the hall from my aunt's boyfriend when he was at Dartmouth. My aunt's boyfriend was a track star.
- The rest of the teams in the AFC East are truly despicable. The Raiders? 'Nuff said. You play with your life when you go to their games. Denver? Entitled. Plus it's not real football if you're playing on the moon. The Chargers. Are they even relevant? Phillip Rivers seems a bit pompous to me, too.
- Kansas City is one of the greatest cities that I have yet to visit. Lorde knows that KC is the bomb. Plus the Count Basie band came from KC.
- KC needs love. People think it's some sleepy town in the midwest. It's a sleeping giant, and I'd love to help Nick Lowery greatly improve the educational system in your town from afar.
I look forward to learning more from you helpful fans.