This year's Aaron Rodgers (a/k/a the QB who falls)
1. Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel: Seems like the type of player you don't pass on regardless of your own quarterback situation. Unfortunately, I don't see him falling.
2. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater: Seems more realistic he could actually fall to the Chiefs. Not sure they take him if he's there. Teddy fans, this is your cue to freak out on me.
The most likely picks
3. LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr.: Receiver remains the most likely. Beckham's nickname will be ODB, right?
4. Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks: My favorite wide receiver pick. I guess you could say I'm a Brandin Cooks guy.
5. USC WR Marqise Lee: One pick ahead of the Chiefs, the Eagles are giving indications they like Lee.
Dark horse pick
Booooring, not a big impact, but a need
7. Stanford G David Yankey: Supposed to be really good. So was David DeCastro. Hey, anyone hear of DeCastro since he's been in the league?
8. UCLA G Xavier Su'a-Filo: I'd be more content with this if this really were a position you could fill "for the next 10 years" with this guy. But they just say that about every player these days.
Confession: I wouldn't mind an OT
9. Michigan OT Taylor Lewan: I don't complain about drafting o-line very often. One of those things I'll always find a way to be content with. Lewan is a top 12 talent who looks like a bit of a knucklehead. Many knuckleheads have the attitude needed on the o-line.
10. Notre Dame OT Zack Martin: He may already be gone by No. 23 but it would not surprise me to see this pick. Can play some guard and tackle. Tell Big Red to talk to Notre Dame alum and former Chiefs C Tim Grunhard, who says the o-line is in "big trouble".
Big, athletic freaks
11. Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald: I wanted him after reading this scouting report from Stephen White.
12. Minnesota DT Ra'Shede Hageman: Read this award-winning story and tell me the idea of him doesn't intrigue you.
13. Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt: Since 2008, Andy Reid has used his first pick on a defensive lineman three times (2012 Fletcher Cox, 2010 Brandon Graham, 2008 Trevor Laws). More defensive linemen in 2006, 2005 and 2003. Tyson Jackson left in free agency while Vance Walker came in.
The pass rushers
14. UCLA OLB Anthony Barr: If there were better pass rusher options available, I would feel more strongly about taking one. You could definitely talk me into the position. Not sure about the players.
15. Missouri DE Kony Ealy: Neither of these guys may be there. And I'm not sure either is the best pick even if they are.
16. Michigan State CB Daqueze Dennard: He's only 5'11. The Chiefs like corners 6' and above. Does one inch matter?
17. Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller: The hard part of evaluating college corners is not many play press coverage regularly.
18. Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert: He's probably gone by No. 23 but I like him over Fuller.
Safety free fall
19. Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix: Chiefs fans would love this pick. Lots to like with him, especially his college competition.