I think we can all agree that we are a teensy bit sick of Cleveland and their gosh darn fans. Look, we get it! You are a team who constantly wins big games and has annual success, but that doesn't mean that you get to go and call yourself "America's Team"! It's pompous and ridiculous, even for a franchise as adored by the media as they are.
But let's be real here, they don't have very many holes. So they might as well add some depth behind the great Brian Hoyer and everyone's favorite backup, Alex Tanney. So I'm gonna go with....
Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel
Look, I know what you're thinking. "NN, you can't keep solving every problem with a quarterback! No one has ever won a game by throwing some damn ball in the air! How's about you stop living in such a fairytale world where quarterbacks are important?"
But level with me, this guy can move. He ran for over 1,400 yards in 2012 and about 760 yards in 2013. And in Kyle Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme that has been top five in rushing the last two years, this guy could really play a role in the run game ala RG III.
Combine that with Ben Tate and a better offensive line in Cleveland than he had in Washington and Cleveland's run game is looking dangerous. Manziel can pass or whatever too, I guess.
2014 AP mock draft order:
- Houston Texans (kuchiefs13) - South Carolina DE / LB Jadeveon Clowney
- St. Louis Rams (chiefsman7588) - Auburn OT Greg Robinson
- Jacksonville Jaguars (Steve The Hedge) - Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater
- Cleveland Browns (NigerianNightmare) - Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel
- Oakland Raiders (seein'red)
- Atlanta Falcons (chiefstruelove)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (kswanson)
- Minnesota Vikings (kcsno56)
- Buffalo Bills (Aesthist)
- Detroit Lions (BuckTheFroncos)
- Tennessee Titans (mrchiefs101)
- New York Giants (Akr_baby)
- St. Louis Rams (chiefsman7588)
- Chicago Bears (Ben Mitchum)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (SacramentoDrew)
- Dallas Cowboys (LocoGonzo)
- Baltimore Ravens (Ben S)
- New York Jets (Kdub64)
- Miami Dolphins (SayHeyWerd)
- Arizona Cardinals (Koopaztown)
- Green Bay Packers (kaiser1118)
- Philadelphia Eagles (Matt in KC)
- Kansas City Chiefs (R2J)
- Cincinnati Bengals (Robert Mayes)
- San Diego Chargers (TheDudeAbides007)
- Cleveland Browns (NigerianNightmare)
- New Orleans Saints (BeeRadd)
- Carolina Panthers (citadelchief)
- New England Patriots (death2norm)
- San Francisco 49ers (Smitty713)
- Denver Broncos (craig in calgary)
- Seattle Seahawks (misterbrain)