From the FanPosts -Joel
Pick 23, IMO, will give the Chiefs a LOT of different options. It could depend a lot on who the front office thinks is game ready. Questions to think about:
1. Is the starting RG on the roster? Rishaw Johnson might be the man.
2. Is Sanders Commings the starting FS?
3. Are we comfortable with the CB situation (Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith, Marcus Cooper, Chris Owens)?
4. Is Travis Kelce healthy enough to be the star TE this year?
5. Does Swagger Vance eliminate the need for a DE?
If all five of these are answered "YES" then the Chiefs can take best player available (BPA) for this draft. Here's who I think might be worth the 23rd pick, AND who could conceivably be there. These are in no particular order:
DE: Aaron Donald, Stepheon Tuitt, Ra'Shede Hageman
FS: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Calvin Pryor
CB: Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard
G: David Yankey, Xavier Su'a Filo, Zack Martin (I like Martin as someone who could play T or G)
TE: Eric Ebron, Jace Amaro (Ebron = Graham, Amaro = Gronk)
WR: Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks
QB: Teddy Bridgewater
OLB: Dee Ford
If all five of the questions are answered "YES", the Chiefs are in a good position, and I think Dee Ford would be an excellent pick. He would replace Tamba Hali and his GIANT contract next year. If one of the CBs is there, it is quite likely they would be BPA. And we all know how deep and talented this receiving class is.
What do you think of my list? Did I miss anyone who should be there, or include someone who shouldn't?