Firstly apologies if this is a fanshot, I don't understand the difference but please feel free to move it as appropriate. But I need some advice , both man advice and local advice!
Just briefly about myself. I am a die hard chiefs fan. I work as an emergency room doctor in Queensland Australa so watching most games involves getting up at 3am to watch prior to work, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. Day to day I love checking in with arrowhead pride and seeing what's the latest. Joel, Seth/mnchiefs fan, Nigerian nightmare , UPs, BJ and many others have provided me with many hours of informative entertainment for which I am very thankfull!
I became a fan as it was starting to be played more on australian tv and my mate is a raiders fan... so why not ? But I love the history of the chiefs and our core players. Plus I love an underdog (started as todd Haley was brought in)
Anyway , onto my requests for advice ....this year is finally a year when myself and my girlfriend have a month off together (October) so we are finally coming to the US! I am waiting for the schedule to be released with baited breath so we can plan our trip .
I have a few questions, any help would be much appreciated.
1- where to stay and what to do in KC.
- will be going to a game at arrowhead obviously (hopefully. 2 )
- noticed the a Sheraton at the stadium but makes getting out and about difficult, are we better off staying somewhere away from the stadium (ie central town)., is there good public transport to the games From central town if we stayed there ?
- obviously want to experience the worlds best bbq. Oaklahoma joes is a must for me, but if there's only time for one other where should we go?
- tailgating. I want to experience this and meet other fans but obviously won't have my own bbq. Can I barter money/ beer/: to join in with others?
- my gf is being awesome and allowing lots of time focused to the chiefs and Bbq( I think she's nearly as excited as me). Is there any suggestions for things to do to spoil her while tin KV to say thanks and do something for her ?
2 - Getting all bro deep here sorry
i plan to propose to my GF on the trip. Our basic plan is a few days in LV and Grand Canyon, few days San Fran, a week in NY, time in KC as mentioned and maybe if there's time hiring a car and driving part of Route 66.
my question to my chiefs brothers is ... Is there a special way I can propose (that fits with this itinery ). I'm open to ideas. Would like it to be memorable and fun.
thanks for the help!
Hope I get the chance to meet some of you there !