This is a huge day in the college football world. It's National Signing Day, where high school football recruits around the country choose the college of their choice. The recruiting process is long, often having coaches following players for multiple years, so this is the day colleges have been waiting for.
I like to follow National Signing Day from afar because some of the names we hear today are names that we're going to be hearing in three of four years down the line when these guys are declaring for the NFL draft.
I have gone through the KC Chiefs entire roster and tried to find the Rivals star ranking for each of the players. Most of them were easy to find but some, mostly the older players, aren't included because I couldn't find them.
I also linked each player's Rivals page so please click on that and look at it. Akeem Jordan a safety? Kendrick Lewis a receiver? Anthony Sherman a linebacker? Also, the height and weight on most players is exaggerated. Dexter McCluster did not shrink two inches from high school to the NFL. The pictures are also great, such as Jamaal Charles without his dreadlocks.
From what I can tell, the Chiefs had three 5-star players: Eric Berry, Nico Johnson and Jerrell Powe. All SEC players. For a comparison, Niners Nation did this same post and they had five 5-star players.
- Weston Dressler, CFL star WR, signs with Chiefs
- Here are the Chiefs free agent options at WR
- The Seahawks and Broncos taught the Chiefs something about QBs
- Clark Hunt: We hope Alex Smith stays longer than two years
- NFL Draft 2014: Should Chiefs trade up or down?
- Chiefs salary cap space entering the 2014 NFL offseason
- Super Bowl TV ratings: Chiefs fans come in droves to watch Peyton Manning lose
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 2/5