The Nielsen 2013 sports year in review has been released and, while there's plenty of interesting facts in their report, here's the FACT I like the most:
The Chiefs local TV ratings were up 41 percent from 2012, which was the highest year over year growth in the league. Overall, the Chiefs were tied with the Green Bay Packers third place in local TV ratings, behind New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.
Also, who are these 31 percent of the people in Kansas City who have not watched, attended or listened to a Chiefs game in the last 12 months? Where are you people hiding on Sundays?
The Nielsen 2013 sports year in review can be found here. It covers every major sport.
Here are a few more fun facts from the report:
- NFL fans are 16 percent more likely than the average person to have been to a pizza place or drank craft beer in the last month. Being known for pizza and beer? I can live with that.
- Bud Light is the No. 1 advertiser for the NFL.
- Southwest Airlines is No. 4 on that list of advertisers. Kinda surprising to me.
- TV viewership for the NFL grew by nearly 5 percent year over year.
- Females made up 35 percent of the TV audience. This surprised me as well but I'm not sure what I expected.
- 25 percent of the TV audience made over $100,000. This is higher than the national average, right? I bet some NFL fans are also liars.
- Branden Albert expected to hit free agency
- The Chiefs defense and 25+ yard plays: Part 1
- Alex Smith will give the commencement speech at the University of Utah
- Chiefs have one of the youngest offenses in the NFL
- Clark Hunt confirms Alex Smith, Chiefs are talking new contract
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 2/13