After a team's season ends, they generally sign players to reserve / future contracts. Those are more or less offseason contracts for players, usually lower-end roster players or practice squad players. They are players that are signed that did not end the season on the Chiefs 53-man roster.
Those players are:
LB Ridge Wilson
WR Fred Williams
DB Kevin Rutland
WR Rashad Ross
FB Eric Kettani
DB Vernon Kearney
WR Jerrell Jackson
TE Demetrius Harris
WR Frankie Hammond Jr.
T Chandler Burden
DB Malcolm Bronson
DT Chas Alecxih
A few of these names stick out. Demetrius Harris is the basketball player turned tight end who spent the season on the Chiefs practice squad. Jerrell Jackson and Kevin Rutland are former Mizzou players. Frankie Hammond Jr., Malcolm Bronson, Chandler Burden, Ridge Wilson, Fred Williams, and Rashad Ross all spent time with the Chiefs this offseason.
While these are viewed as players on the back of the roster, remember how good John Dorsey was at finding talent this season. It's possible one or more of these players plays a role next season.
- Chris and Joel's Chiefs-Colts chat transcript
- Here are the Chiefs 2014 NFL free agents
- Justin Houston does not have a serious injury
- NFL Draft: Chiefs can address these needs with the 23rd pick
- Ranking the Chiefs playoff losses by how much they sucked
- Dates and times of all Divisional round games
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 1/7