One bit of news from the press conference is that Reid said there will not be any changes to his coaching staff. He did say that some could be hired away by other teams but he does not plan on making any changes right now.
"No team stays the same, players and coaches," Reid said.
While Reid doesn't plan any changes, that quote above says it all. Things change from year to year for whatever reason, both players and coaches. There are a number of Chiefs free agents, which we'll get into, and coaches on the staff who will likely leave for a variety of reasons.
Here's a little more from Big Red today:
- On the Indy game: "We gave up too many big plays. If you look at the stats, that's what it points to."
- Reid said he wanted to stay aggressive against the Colts even though they were up big because Indy has come back against other teams before.
- The Chiefs will learn a lot from what happened on Saturday and this season, Reid said.
- Reid said the preparation for next season "can't get here soon enough."
- Reid thanked the media for their work this year.
- "It's important we put together a solid offseason."
- What is the identity of this team? "They'll check their egos at the door and they'll battle you."