I credit the NFL for at least attempting to make the Pro Bowl a better event with their new fantasy football-style Pro Bowl draft. I just don't think this is going to make it very entertaining.
What the NFL is doing this year is "un-conferencing" the game. AFC and NFC don't matter for the Pro Bowl anymore. Team captains select from the list of Pro Bowl players to create a team. Sort of like what you might do in the backyard (but you don't want a piece of me in backyard football).
Just one Chief was chosen (so far) when Jamaal's team picked Dontari Poe. In all, the Chiefs will have 10 players in the game, including Alex Smith and Derrick Johnson, who were chosen earlier this week.
For some reason, the NFL only did part of their draft on Tuesday with more to come on Wednesday when more Chiefs will presumably be taken. On Tuesday they selected the most boring positions -- defensive tackle, guard, center, fullback, special teams, punter, long snapper.
Here is a list of the current players selected so far. On Wednesday at 7 p.m. (Arrowhead Time), NFL Network will air the rest of the draft.
- Chiefs roster and team needs heading into free agency and the 2014 NFL Draft (Defense edition)
- Chiefs meeting with receivers and safeties at the 2014 Senior Bowl
- 2013 Chiefs season feels like the 2010 Chiefs season
- Chiefs are in the top 10 for 2015 Super Bowl odds
- In Jamaal Charles and Justin Houston, Chiefs have two of the best values in the NFL
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 1/21