The Kansas City Chiefs will be represented at the East-West Shrine Game and the NFLPA Bowl, two college all-star games taking place on Saturday. Chiefs GM John Dorsey will send half of his staff to the East-West Shrine Game in St. Petersburg, Florida and the other half will go to the NFLPA Bowl in Carson, California.
But let's start with the two all-star games today. Neither are as big as the Senior Bowl but both are certainly notable. You might recognize a few of the names who have played in this game the last couple of years. Take a look at the rosters for this year and in the comments section tell us who we should be keeping an eye on.
Oh, and the coaches in both games have Chiefs ties. One of the East-West Shrine Game teams will be coached by none other than Romeo Crennel, who was last coaching in the NFL with the Chiefs in 2012. Crennel reportedly has accepted the Texans defensive coordinator job, which he will go to after this game. In the NFLPA Bowl, Dick Vermeil will be one of the coaches. He was of course last in the NFL in 2005 when he was coaching the Chiefs.
East-West Shrine Game
TV: NFL Network
Date: Saturday, January 18
Time: 4 p.m. ET
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Online radio: East-West Shrine Game official site / NFL.com/live
Roster: East | West
Coaches: Jerry Glanville and Romeo Crennel
NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Patriots vs. Broncos rooting guide
- 49ers vs. Seahawks rooting guide
- Chiefs roster and team needs heading into free agency and the 2014 NFL Draft (Offense edition)
- Chiefs GM John Dorsey named executive of the year by the PFWA
- Andy Reid named AFC coach of the year by the 101 Awards
- Weston Dressler, CFL WR, talks about workout with Chiefs
- 2014 NFL mock drafts are here! Early thoughts on Mel Kiper's Chiefs pick and others
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs news 1/17