The Kansas City Chiefs played a playoff team six teams in the 2013 season and won just one of those games (against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 3). They will need to step things up next season because they have 11 games against teams who finished .500 or above.
Even more, the Chiefs will play all four teams in the AFC and NFC Championship games this year -- Broncos and Patriots in the AFC and the 49ers and Seahawks in the NFC.
Chiefs have 5 games against the 4 championship teams next year. Den NE and Sea at home, Den, SF on the road. @ArrowheadPride— Erik ROBEY Ernst (@EERN5T) January 13, 2014
They'll play the Broncos twice as part of their AFC West rotation, the Patriots and Seahawks in Kansas City and the 49ers in San Francisco. That's five games, nearly a third of their schedule, against this year's final four. Hot damn!
Here are the Chiefs 2014 opponents:
That's slightly tougher than the Chiefs 2013 schedule. On paper, at least...
- Former Jets RB Joe McKnight among 7 players signed
- Which way are the Chiefs trending?
- Former Mizzou Tiger says he signed with the Chiefs
- Did the Chiefs sign two new players?
- 2014 Hall of Fame finalists announced: Will Shields among those with Chiefs connections
- Chiefs free agent Geoff Schwartz looking for stability with multi-year contract
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 1/12