Update: Hamilton is one of 7 new Chiefs players signed. More here.
We've had a handful of social media reports indicating the Kansas City Chiefs have signed someone. On Friday it was free agent LB Jordan Campbell, who spent some time at USC before signing with the Bengals, saying that both he and fellow free agent and former Jet Joe McKnight signed with the Chiefs. He even had pictures to prove it.
That information came via Twitter and Instagram so it's only fitting that we now have a posting that comes via Facebook. Dominique Hamilton is a former 6'5, 315-pound nose tackle at Mizzou who signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent.
He posted this on his Facebook page, along with the picture:
Redskins offered another contract but felt I should play somewhere else, new year new team. Gotta make 2014 my year. #BackToMissouri
Terez Paylor of the KC Star has confirmed the news.
The Chiefs have yet to formally announce any of these signings yet but the signature on that dotted line, along with Paylor's report, sure does make it look official. Teams have larger rosters in the offeason so this is the start of the Chiefs trying to improve on their 2013 season.
- Did the Kansas City Chiefs sign two new players?
- 2014 Hall of Fame finalists announced: Will Shields among those with Chiefs connections
- Chiefs free agent Geoff Schwartz looking for stability with multi-year contract
- Kansas City Chiefs players with the highest salary cap hit in 2014
- Kansas City Chiefs lose assistant coach to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- What will happen with Branden Albert? Chiefs learned the value of 3 capable offensive tackles
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs news 1/10