Update: Confirmed. These are two of the seven Chiefs players signed. More here.
It appears the Kansas City Chiefs are continuing to make roster moves. According to a couple of Twitter and Instagram postings, it looks like the Chiefs may have two new players.
First, there was this posting from who appears to be former Bengals LB Jordan Campbell, who started his college career at USC before moving onto New Mexico Highlands (D-II).
He also posted a picture from the Chiefs practice facility.
What really sealed it was that he posted a picture of him signing his contract.
But wait! There's more!
Former Jets RB and return man Joe McKnight was rumored to be working out for the Chiefs today.
Heard Joe McKnight is working out for the Chiefs today.— Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31) January 10, 2014
Campbell then posted this. Notice the caption mentioning Joe McKnight.
Out here signing our contracts , got in a great workout . My day 1 homie from USC , 2007 number 1 recruiting class In the nation #ChiefsGang #RBU #JoeMcknight #winnercircleathletics
This concludes our investigation. We'll wait to see if the Chiefs announce these moves sometime soon. And if / when they do, I'll be interested to see the reaction to Joe McKnight's signing. Because he seems to be somewhat similar to Dexter McCluster, who is a free agent.
- 2014 Hall of Fame finalists announced: Will Shields among those with Chiefs connections
- Chiefs free agent Geoff Schwartz looking for stability with multi-year contract
- Chiefs players with the highest salary cap hit in 2014
- Chiefs lose assistant coach to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- What will happen with Branden Albert? Chiefs learned the value of 3 capable offensive tackles
- Chiefs assistant coaches, front office staff appear to be safe from this year's hiring cycle
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs news 1/10