Alex Smith lost an interception. The NFL makes their stat corrections each week (as Peyton Manning and his passing yards record will soon find out) and KC Chiefs QB Alex Smith had one of his interceptions in the Colts game taken away.
It was Smith's first interception of the day in Indy. He dropped back to pass and as he threw the ball forward, Robert Mathi was pressuring him from behind.
Mathis tipped the ball before it exited Alex's hands.
The NFL ruled it an interception initially but it was really a fumble. So Alex Smith now has seven interceptions, not eight.
(H/T Kietzman for mentioning this)
- New Year's Day football schedule and times
- 29 facts about the Chiefs before Wild Card weekend
- Chiefs move one linebacker to IR, sign another
- 5 keys to victory for Kansas City
- Chiefs could learn the cost of winning during this year's hiring cycle
- Chiefs-Colts announcers will be Dan Hicks and Mike Mayock
- Where are you watching the game?
- Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 12/31