It didn't take long for Ricky Stanzi to return to Kansas City. In fact, there's been a bit of conjecture that the former Chiefs quarterback was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars for the sake of good ole NFL espionage.
Stanzi was recently in competition with Tyler Bray for the third quarterback slot on the depth chart, and perhaps he can do the same in Jacksonville.
As for this week's connections, the biggest thing bringing these two franchises together is the fact they shared the league's worst record at 2-14 last season. Here's the rest of the connections between these two, provided by the Chiefs.
• Jaguars Tight Ends/Assistant Special Teams Coach Ron Middleton (1986-87) played tight end in Atlanta while Chiefs Defensive Line Coach Tommy Brasher (1986-89) served in the same capacity.
• Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas (2002-09) served as Atlanta's Assistant Head Coach/Secondary Coach among other positions while Jacksonville's General Manager David Caldwell (2008-11) spent time as Atlanta's Director of College Scouting and later as Director of Player Personnel. Kansas City CB Dunta Robinson (2010-12) and Director of College Scouting Marvin Allen (2009-12) were also part of the Falcons organization with Jaguars G Jacques McClendon (2012).
• Jacksonville DE Jason Babin (2009, 2011-12) and TE Clay Harbor (2010-12) spent time in Philadelphia with members of the Chiefs: Head Coach Andy Reid (1999-2012), Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers Coach David Culley (1999-2012), Offensive Coordinator Doug Pederson (2009-12), Tight Ends Coach Tom Melvin (1999-2012), Assistant Offensive Line Coach Eugene Chung (2010-12), Quality Control Coach Corey Matthaei (2008-12), LB Akeem Jordan (2007-12), Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Barry Rubin (2008-12), Quarterbacks Coach Matt Nagy (2010-12), Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Travis Crittenden (2012), Defensive Line Coach Tommy Brasher (2012) and Statistical Analysis Coordinator Mike Frazier (2003-12).
• Kansas City Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub (2004-12), Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (2006-07, 2011-12) and Director of Player Personnel Chris Ballard (2001-12) were part of Chicago's franchise with members of the Jaguars: Defensive Coordinator Bob Babich (2004-12), Assistant Offensive Line Coach Luke Butkus (2007- 09), LB Geno Hayes (2012) and LB J.T. Thomas (2011-12).
• Jacksonville Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Tom Myslinski (1993-94) was on Atlanta's roster as an offensive lineman while Kansas City Offensive Line Coach Andy Heck (1994-98) played tackle.
• Chiefs Director of Football Administration Trip MacCracken (1999-2009) served as Cleveland's Salary Cap Coordinator and Director of Football Administration among other roles while Jaguars Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Tom Myslinski (2003-04, 2007- 09) served in the same capacity.
• Jaguars CB Alan Ball (2007-11) was teammates with Kansas City TE Anthony Fasano (2006-07) in Dallas.
• Jacksonville CB Will Blackmon (2006-10) and Linebackers Coach Mark Duffner (2003- 05) spent time in Green Bay with Chiefs: General Manager John Dorsey (1984-98, 2000- 12), Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Barry Rubin (1999-2005), Assistant Secondary Coach Al Harris (2003-09), Offensive Coordinator Doug Pederson (2001-04) and Player Personnel Assistant Dan Zegers (2004-12).
• Kansas City CB Dunta Robinson (2004-09) and S Quintin Demps (2010-12) were part of Houston's roster with Jaguars DE Jason Babin (2004-06), CB Alan Ball (2012) and RB Justin Forsett (2012).
• Jaguars General Manager David Caldwell (1998-2007) was part of Indianapolis' organization as an area scout while Chiefs Area Scout Willie Davis (2005) served the coaching staff on a fellowship.
• Chiefs TE Anthony Fasano (2008-12), CB Sean Smith (2009-12) and Asst.DBs Coach Al Harris (2010) were part of Miami's roster with Jacksonville QB Chad Henne (2008-11).
• Kansas City OL Geoff Schwartz (2012) played for Minnesota with Jaguars WR Stephen Burton (2011-12), TE Allen Reisner (2011-12) and WR Jordan Todman (2011-12).
• Jacksonville Defensive Backs Coach DeWayne Walker (1998-2000) served as New England's Secondary Coach while Chiefs Director of College Scouting Marvin Allen (1996- 2008) was in the Patriots player personnel department.
• Jaguars Special Teams Coordinator Mike Mallory (2008-12) held the title of Assistant Special Teams/Assistant Secondary Coach for New Orleans while Chiefs Linebackers Coach Gary Gibbs (2006-08) served as Defensive Coordinator and QB Chase Daniel (2009-12) was on the roster.
• Jacksonville DB Dwight Lowery (2008-10) was part of the New York Jets organization with Chiefs DL Mike DeVito (2007-12), Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (2008- 09) and Defensive Coordinator Bob Sutton (2000-12) during his tenure as both Defensive Coordinator and Senior Defensive Assistant/Linebackers Coach.
• Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas (1995-98) served in the role of Defensive Coordinator in Philadelphia while Jaguars Running Backs Coach Terry Richardson (1995) was on the roster as a running back.
• Kansas City Head Athletic Trainer Rick Burkholder (1993-98) and Assistant Head Coach/ Wide Receivers Coach David Culley (1996-98) spent time in Pittsburgh with Jacksonville Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Tom Myslinski (1996-97) and Running Backs Coach Terry Richardson (1996-97). Burkholder served as Assistant Athletic Trainer, Culley as Wide Receivers Coach while Myslinksi was on the roster as an offensive lineman and Richardson as a running back.
• Jaguars Wide Receivers Coach Jerry Sullivan (1992-96) and Tight Ends/Assistant Special 4
Teams Coach Ron Middleton (1995) spent time in San Diego with Kansas City Running Backs Coach Eric Bieniemy (1991-94) and Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (1994-95). Sullivan was on the Chargers roster as a wide receiver, Middleton as a tight end, Bieniemy as a running back and O'Dea served as Defensive/Special Teams Assistant Coach.
• Kansas City QB Alex Smith was on San Francisco's roster from 2005-12 while Jacksonville Wide Receivers Coach Jerry Sullivan (2005-10) served in the same capacity.
• Chiefs Director of Pro Scouting Will Lewis (1999-2011), DT Jaye Howard (2012) and CB Ron Parker (2011-12) spent time in Seattle with Jaguars: Head Coach Gus Bradley (2009- 12), Offensive Coordinator Jedd Fisch (2010), Assistant Offensive Line Coach Luke Butkus (2010-11), DE Jason Babin (2007-08), RB Justin Forsett (2008-11), S Winston Guy (2012) and LB Kyle Knox (2012).
• Kansas City Assistant Director of College Scouting Dom Green (2006-08) held the title of Mid-Atlantic/Southeast Scout in Tampa Bay while Jacksonville Head Coach Gus Bradley (2006-08), Tight Ends/Assistant Special Teams Coach Ron Middleton (2004-06) and Defensive Line Coach Todd Wash (2008) were part of the organization.
• Jaguars DE Jason Babin (2010) and DT Sen'Derrick Marks (2009-12) spent time on Tennessee's roster while Kansas City Area Scout Trey Kozoil (2009-12) held the same title.
• Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas (1986-94) served as Washington's Secondary/Wide Receivers Coach while Jacksonville Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Tom Myslinski (1992) was on the roster as an offensive lineman and Tight Ends/Assistant Special Teams Coach Ron Middleton (1988, 1990-93) played as a tight end.
• Chiefs Assistant Offensive Line Coach Eugene Chung spent his 1995 season on the Jaguars as an offensive lineman.
• Kansas City Offensive Line Coach Andy Heck was part of the Jaguars staff from 2004- 12 serving as an Offensive Assistant (2004), Assistant Offensive Line Coach (2005) and Offensive Line Coach (2006-12).
• Jacksonville QB Ricky Stanzi spent his 2011-12 seasons with the Chiefs.
• Jaguars Running Backs Coach Terry Richardson was part of the 1996 Kansas City roster
as a running back.
• Jacksonville DE Jason Babin was on the Chiefs roster for seven games in 2008.
• Kansas City LB Nico Johnson (2008-12) played collegiately at Alabama with Jaguars DT Brandon Deadrick (2005-09) and LS Carson Tinker (2008-12). All three were part of the 2009 BCS National Championship team, and Johnson and Tinker ended with three national championships adding on two in 2011 and 2012.
• Jaguars TE D.J. Williams (2007-10) and Kansas City RB Knile Davis (2009-12) were teammates at Arkansas.
• Jacksonville CB Will Blackmon (2002-05) played at Boston College with Chiefs Area Scout Trey Koziol (2003-07) and College Scouting Administrator Ryan Poles (2003-08). Koziol was on the roster as a tight end while Poles was listed as an offensive tackle.
• Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman (2007-10) was on Connecticut's roster with Jacksonville RB Jordan Todman (2008-10) and CB Dwayne Gratz (2008-12). Jaguars Running Backs Coach Terry Richardson (1999-2010) served the Huskies in the same capacity.
• Jaguars S Josh Evans (2009-12) spent his college years at Florida with Chiefs DT Jaye Howard (2007-11) while Kansas City Quality Control Coach Mark DeLeone (2010) served the Gators in the same role.
• Kansas City C Rodney Hudson (2007-10) played collegiately at Florida State with Jacksonville CB Mike Harris (2010-11) and LB Geno Hayes (2005-07).
• Jacksonville DT Abry Jones (2009-12) was on Georgia's roster with Chiefs LB Justin Houston (2007-10) and DB Sanders Commings (2008-12).
• Chiefs G Jon Asamoah (2006-09) and Jaguars CB Alan Ball (2003-06) spent their college years playing at Illinois.
• Kansas City LB Dezman Moses (2009-11) was part of Iowa's roster with Jacksonville QB Ricky Stanzi (2006-10) and TE Allen Reisner (2007-10).
• Jaguars Defensive Line Coach Todd Wash served as LSU's Offensive Line Coach from
2001-02 while Kansas City LBs Coach Gary Gibbs (2001) was defensive coordinator.
• Chiefs DT Dontari Poe (2009-11) was on Memphis' roster while Jacksonville Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Tom Myslinski (2010) and Strength Assistant Jess Langvardt (2009-11) both served in the same roles.
• Jacksonville QB Chad Henne (2004-07), OW Denard Robinson (2009-12) and Kansas City WR Junior Hemingway (2007-12) played together at Michigan. Chiefs National Scout Kevin Norris (2004-05) was also on Michigan's roster as a wide receiver.
• Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert (2008-10) played backup for QB Chase Daniel (2006-08) while they were teammates at Missouri.
• Jaguars TE Clay Harbor (2005-09) played under Chiefs Pro Scouting Assistant Randy Ball (1999-2005) while Ball served as Head Coach at Missouri State.
• Kansas City OL Geoff Schwartz (2004-08) was on Oregon's roster while Jacksonville Assistant Offensive Line Coach Luke Butkus (2005-06) served as a Graduate Assistant.
• Jacksonville LB Paul Posluszny (2003-06) and Chiefs LB Tamba Hali (2002-05) were teammates at Penn State.
• Chiefs S Eric Berry (2007-09) played college ball at Tennessee with Jacksonville G Jacques McClendon (2006-09).
• Kansas City RB Jamaal Charles (2005-07) spent his college years playing at Texas with DT Roy Miller (2005-08) and were both part of the 2006 BCS National Championship team.
• Jaguars OT Luke Joeckel (2010-12) spent time on Texas A&M's roster with Chiefs RB Cyrus Gray (2008-11).
• Chiefs Running Backs Coach Eric Bieniemy (2003-05) served in the same role for UCLA while Jacksonville RB Maurice Jones-Drew (2003-05) and TE Marcedes Lewis (2002-05) were on the roster.
• Jacksonville OT Eugene Monroe (2005-08) and Kansas City T Branden Albert (2005-07) were on Virginia's roster simultaneously.
• Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe, DT Anthony Toribio and Jacksonville CB Mike Harris call Miami, Fla., their hometown.
• Jacksonville LB Kyle Knox is a native of Los Angeles along with Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid and OL Geoff Schwartz.
• Kansas City LB Justin Houston and Jacksonville DL Jeremy Mincey are both natives of Statesboro, Ga. They each attended Statesboro High School, although they never overlapped.
• Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert is originally from Ballwin, Mo., and attended Parkway West High School.
• Kansas City WR A.J. Jenkins grew up in Jacksonville, Fla., and graduated from Terry Parker High School.
• Chiefs C Rodney Hudson's (2007-10) alma mater is Florida State.
• Kansas City DL Allen Bailey (2007-10) attended University of Miami (FL).
• Chiefs Quality Control Coach Mark DeLeone spent the 2010 season in the same role at the University of Florida.
• Jacksonville Special Teams Coordinator Mike Mallory was the Linebackers Coach at Kansas for the 2006 season.
• Jaguars Defensive Assistant Brandon Blaney coached at Kansas from 2002-09 serving as Recruiting Coordinator, Tight Ends Coach and Assistant Offensive Line Coach.
• Jacksonville Strength Assistant Jess Langvardt played collegiately at Sterling College in Sterling, Kan., and served as the Assistant Coach from 2005-06.
• Jaguars Wide Receivers Coach Jerry Sullivan served Kansas State in the same capacity from 1971-72.
• Jaguars TE Clay Harbor (2005-09) played collegiately at Missouri State.
• Jacksonville DL Jeremy Mincey attended Butler County Community College in El Dorado,
Kan., from 2002-03.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- The Kansas City Chiefs will make the playoffs if...
- Kansas City Chiefs have 8 players listed on first injury report for Jacksonville Jaguars game
- Amateur Hour: 2013 Kansas City Chiefs Preview
- Brandon Flowers restructures contract, Kansas City Chiefs get more salary cap space
- Kansas City Chiefs first injury report of the season coming Wednesday