The KC Chiefs schedule came out in April but ever since the KC Chiefs started 3-0 it's like it's a whole new schedule. Everything is different now. Games that were losses are now wins. Overlooking an opponent is now a concern. Maybe the division title is possible ... LOTS of possibilities.
Almost everyone had the Chiefs beating the Jaguars in Week 1, so that's not a surprise. Some people had the Chiefs beating the Cowboys and some people had them beating the Eagles. But not many people had them winning both. Honestly, if you picked the Chiefs to start 3-0 before the season, we were probably telling you how wrong you were. Even optimistic Chiefs fans felt that way.
So here we sit, three into the season, and the Chiefs are undefeated. As I said, this changes everything. Below is a copy of the Chiefs 2013 schedule.
Which games did you have marked as a loss that you are now thinking twice about?
- Giants: They are now 0-3 and looked horrible in a 38-0 loss to the Panthers. The Chiefs may now be favored in this game.
- Texans: I'm not to the point yet where I'm confident in this game. But this went from "sure-fire loss" to "Hey now..." They are now 2-1.
- Broncos: Both home and away. These are looking like the games of the year right now. This comes via MMQB: "Just when you thought the season was setting up to be a nice little stroll to AFC home-field advantage, here are the 15 autumn days that will try John Fox's soul: Nov. 17, Kansas City at home ... Nov. 24, at New England ... Dec. 1, at Kansas City." The Broncos play the Raiders on MNF.
- Redskins: This is in Washington. The Redskins are now 0-3. I had this marked as a loss. Not so sure now.
- Chargers: Mostly at San Diego. The Chiefs always seem to lose there. Seems possible now.
Chiefs 201 schedule
Week 1. @ Jacksonville Jaguars (Sept. 8, 12 p.m., CBS) Week 2. Dallas Cowboys (Sept. 15, 12 p.m., Fox) Week 3. @ Philadelphia Eagles (Sept. 19, 7:25 p.m., NFLN)
Week 4. New York Giants (Sept. 29, 12 p.m., Fox)
Week 5. @ Tennessee Titans (Oct. 6, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 6. Oakland Raiders (Oct 13, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 7. Houston Texans (Oct 20, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 8. Cleveland Browns (Oct. 27, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 9. @ Buffalo Bills (Nov. 3, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 10. BYE
Week 11. @ Denver Broncos (Nov. 17, 3:05 p.m., CBS)
Week 12. San Diego Chargers (Nov. 24, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 13. Denver Broncos (Dec. 1, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 14. @ Washington Redskins (Dec. 8, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 15. @ Oakland Raiders (Dec. 15, 3:05 p.m., CBS)
Week 16. Indianapolis Colts (Dec. 22, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 17. @ San Diego Chargers (Dec. 29, 3:25 p.m., CBS)