The Kansas City Chiefs continue making a lot of roster moves, claiming players and releasing others. The KC Chiefs have not yet made any official list so all this information is filed under "reportedly" until further notice.
The Chiefs got down to 53 players on Saturday night and since then they have traded Edgar Jones and, according to various media reports, have made the following cuts: WR Devon Wyile, CB Jalil Brown, LB Zac Diles and TE Kevin Brock. This comes in addition to the 22 roster moves on Saturday night.
That's a lot of moves. No jaw-droppers here but a couple of mild surprises, particularly in Wylie and Brown. I thought they would both make it. Wylie was set to contribute to the Chiefs as a receiver and as a return man. His release was possible, but a lot of folks thought he would make it. And if Wyile wasn't safe then I'm not sure that Junior Hemingway should feel too safe either.
Would imagine Wylie will be claimed - to much talent and has return ability #Chiefs— John Middlekauff (@JohnMiddlekauff) September 1, 2013
Jalil Brown is also a surprise in my book as I thought he was the fourth corner, and a very good special teamer.
The Chiefs also have just three inside linebackers remaining on the team -- two starters in Derrick Johnson and Akeem Jordan, along with Nico Johnson, who is injured. That will be a position they attack.
A lot of Chiefs fans are tweeting that Bradley McDougald and Jerrell Powe have also been cut, but I can't verify that right now. So they're not on the list (yet).
Claimed off waivers
Again, these moves are all unofficial.
1. WR Chad Hall. He came into the league as an Eagle so we should've seen this one coming given the Chiefs need at receiver. He takes Wylie's spot.
Chad Hall, of course, is familiar to Andy Reid after spending two seasons on Philly's p-squad/active roster in 2010-11.— Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) September 1, 2013
Hall spent last season with the 49ers. David Fucillo of Niners Nation tells us: "Chad Hall got a lot of snaps on offense for the 49ers, working primarily as the team's slot receiver. Hall is a guy that will bust his butt, but is not the most physically gifted receiver. He's a guy who coaches love and scouts do not because of the lack of measurables."
2. CB Marcus Cooper. Another former 49er.
3. DT Jaye Howard. He is a 24-year old defensive tackle drafted last year in the fourth round by Seattle. There was probably more interest in him from other teams.
4. LB James-Michael Johnson. Don't know much about him. The Chris Ault connection though.
Kansas City Chiefs claim ex-Wolf Pack LB James-Michael Johnson off waivers. He was cut by Browns yesterday. Maybe Ault put in a good word.— Chris Murray (@MurrayRGJ) September 1, 2013
5. CB Ron Parker. The Seattle pipeline continues.
6. LB Dezman Moses. The Green Bay connection. He's an inside linebacker, something the Chiefs need. John Dorsey is familiar with him. Interesting player.