Today we learn some more information.
Moeaki's injury is expected to be roughly 12 weeks, according to a source. He will not need surgery. I wasn't at Arrowhead today but 610 Sports' Bob Fescoe reports that Andy Reid said it was "possible" Moeaki goes on injured reserve, which would end his season. That IR is even an option confirms that this is a longer recovery timetable.
The options we laid out earlier -- IR, IR-designated to return, injury settlement -- would all seem to be on the table. As far as I know, the Chiefs have not decided what they will do. The IR-designated to return decision can not be made until September 3.
To me, the choice should be designated to return. You're basically making this bet: Will a player more important than Moeaki suffer an injury that is a IR-designated to return candidate?
What should the Chiefs do with Moeaki?