As with any week in the NFL, there are plenty of connections between players, coaches and executives between the teams playing, and the same can be said for the Kansas City Chiefs' trip to play the Pittsburgh Steelers. Todd Haley is the most familiar face for Chiefs fans as the Steelers offensive coordinator. This is also a chance to see how the teams fare after last year's close game that ended with the Steeler victory, 16-13.
• Steelers WR Plaxico Burress (2011) and WR Jerricho Cotchery (2004-10) were part of the New York Jets organization with Chiefs DL Mike DeVito (2007-12), DL Marcus Dixon (2004- 10), Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (2008-09) and Defensive Coordinator Bob Sutton (2000-12) during his tenure as Senior Defensive Assistant/Linebackers Coach. Pittsburgh Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley (1997-2000) also served as the Jets Wide Receivers/Offensive Assistant Coach.
• Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman (2011-12), Pittsburgh CB William Gay (2012) and RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (2009-12) spent time together in Arizona.
• Pittsburgh P Brian Moorman (2012) was on the Dallas roster with Chiefs LB Orie Lemon (2011-12) and CB Vince Agnew (2012).
• Steelers LB Brian Rolle (2011-12) spent time in Philadelphia with members of the Chiefs: Head Coach Andy Reid (1999-2012), Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers Coach David Culley (1999-2012), Offensive Coordinator Doug Pederson (2009-12), Tight Ends Coach Tom Melvin (1999-2012), Assistant Offensive Line Coach Eugene Chung (2010-12), Quality Control Coach Corey Matthaei (2008-12), LB Akeem Jordan (2007-12), Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Barry Rubin (2008-12), Quarterbacks Coach Matt Nagy (2010-12), Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Travis Crittenden (2012), Defensive Line Coach Tommy Brasher (2012) and Statistical Analysis Coordinator Mike Frazier (2003-12).
• Kansas City Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas (1996-98) served as Philadelphia's Defensive Coordinator while Chiefs Assistant Secondary Coach Al Harris (1998-2002) played cornerback and Steelers Special Teams Coordinator Danny Smith (1995-98) served as Defensive Backs/Special Teams Coach.
• Pittsburgh TE Matt Spaeth (2011-12) played in Chicago for Chiefs Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (2011-12) and Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub (2004-12).
• Chiefs WR Terrance Copper and Steelers K Shaun Suisham spent the 2005 season in Dallas while Pittsburgh Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley was Wide Receivers Coach. Haley served as Passing Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers Coach for the Cowboys during the 2006 season while Chiefs TE Anthony Fasano (2006-07) was on the roster.
• Kansas City DE Austen Lane (2010-12) and Offensive Line Coach Andy Heck (2004-12) spent time in Jacksonville with Steelers OT Guy Whimper (2010-13) and QB John Parker Wilson (2012).
• Pittsburgh QB John Parker Wilson overlapped with Chiefs CB Dunta Robinson (2010-12) in Atlanta.
• Steelers DE Al Woods (2011-12) spent time in Seattle with Kansas City CB Kennard Cox (2010-11) while Director of Pro Scouting Will Lewis (1999-2011) was Vice President of Football Operations.
• Chiefs Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (1996-2001) served as Offensive/ Defensive Assistant at Tampa Bay while Pittsburgh Head Coach Mike Tomlin (2001-05) coached defensive backs.
• Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin was Defensive Coordinator in Minnesota while Chiefs Spread Game Analyst/Special Projects Coach Brad Childress served as Head Coach for the 2006 season. Kansas City Running Backs Coach Eric Bieniemy also served on the Vikings staff in the same role for the 2006-10 seasons.
• Kansas City Running Backs Coach Eric Bieniemy (1995-98) was on the Cincinnati roster as a running back when Pittsburgh Defensive Coordinator Dick LeBeau (1997-2000) served as Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator.
• Pittsburgh Linebackers Coach Keith Butler (1999-2002) served in the same capacity in Cleveland while Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Doug Pederson (2000) was on the roster as quarterback.
• Chiefs Defensive Backs Coach Emmitt Thomas (2002-09) served as Atlanta's Secondary Coach while Steelers Tight Ends Coach James Daniel (2001-03) served in the same capacity.
• Kansas City LB Frank Zombo (2010-12) was on the roster in Green Bay while Pittsburgh Defensive Backs Coach Carnell Lake (2010) served as a Coaching Intern.
• Steelers Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson (1997-99) spent time in the same role while Chiefs Director of College Scouting Marvin Allen (1996-2008) was in the Player Personnel Department at New England
• Chiefs Offensive Line Coach Andy Heck (1999-2000) was on Washington's roster as a tackle while Steelers Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson (2000) served in the same capacity.
• Kansas City Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea (2004-05) held the title of Special 4
Teams Coordinator on the coaching staff in Arizona with Steelers Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson (2004-06) who served in the same role.
• Chiefs Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers Coach David Culley spent the 1996-98 seasons as the Wide Receivers Coach in Pittsburgh.
• Chiefs Head Athletic Trainer Rick Burkholder (1993-98) served as Pittsburgh's Assistant Athletic Trainer for six seasons.
• Steelers Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley was part of the Chiefs organization as Head Coach from 2009-11.
• Pittsburgh Offensive Line Coach Jack Bicknell Jr. served in the same capacity in Kansas City in 2012.
• Steelers Wide Receivers Coach Richard Mann was in the same role in Kansas City from 1999-2000.
• Chiefs LB Vince Agnew (2006-10) and LB Frank Zombo (2005-09) were part of the Central Michigan squad with Pittsburgh WR Antonio Brown (2007-09).
• Pittsburgh CB Curtis Brown (2007-10) played collegiately with Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles (2005-07) at Texas.
• Chiefs WR Devon Wylie (2007-11) spent time with Steelers LB Chris Carter (2007-10) at Fresno State.
• Steelers S Ryan Clark (1998-2001) played for Chiefs Linebackers Coach Gary Gibbs (2001) while he was Defensive Coordinator at LSU.
• Pittsburgh DT Hebron Fagupo (2009) and Kansas City T Matt Reynolds (2008-12) overlapped at BYU for one season.
• Chiefs WR Frankie Hammond Jr. (2008-12), Pittsburgh OT Marcus Gilbert (2006-10) and DT Omar Hunter (2009-12) spent time playing collegiately at Florida.
• Steelers DE Ziggy Hood (2005-08) spent time on Missouri's roster with Chiefs DE Brad Madison (2008-12) and QB Chase Daniel (2006-08).
• Chiefs CB Kennard Cox (2003-07) played collegiately at Pittsburgh with Steelers G John Malecki (2006-09) and RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (2005-08).
• Pittsburgh TE Jamie McCoy (2005-09) and Kansas City RB Cyrus Gray (2008-11) were teammates at Texas A&M.
• Kansas City CB Semaj Moody (2006-10) and Steelers LB Marshall McFadden (2005-10) spent time on the South Carolina State roster together.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
• Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman and Steelers WR Kashif Moore spent their 2007-10 seasons playing for Connecticut.
• Steelers TE David Paulson played at Oregon (2007-11) with Chiefs OL Geoff Schwartz (2004-07).
• Kansas City WR Frankie Hammond Jr. (2008-12) and Pittsburgh C Maurkice Pouncey (2007-09) were college teammates at Florida.
• Chiefs Quality Control Coach Britt Reid (2008-12) served as Graduate Assistant at Temple while Pittsburgh LB Adrian Robinson (2008-11) was on the roster.
• Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (2006-09) spent time playing collegiately at Utah with Kansas City CB Sean Smith (2005-08).
• Kansas City DL Allen Bailey and Steelers CB DeMarcus Van Dyke played for Miami (Fla.) from 2007-2010.
• Steelers OT Guy Whimper (2002-05) and Chiefs WR Terrance Copper (2000-03) spent their collegiate years playing at East Carolina.
• Chiefs LB Nico Johnson (2008-12) and Steelers QB John Parker Wilson (2005-08) were teammates at Alabama.
• Kansas City WR Dwayne Bowe (2003-06) and DE Tyson Jackson (2004-08) spent time on the roster at LSU with Pittsburgh DE Al Woods (2006-09).
• Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers (2004-07) and Pittsburgh LB Jason Worilds (2006-09) were teammates at Virginia Tech.
• Steelers LB Jarvis Jones (2009-12), Kansas City LB Justin Houston (2007-10) and DB Sanders Commings (2008-12) played at Georgia together.
• Kansas City OL Donald Stephenson (2008-11) and Steelers QB Landry Jones (2008-12) played collegiately at Oklahoma.
• Chiefs C Rodney Hudson (2007-10) and Pittsburgh LB Vince Williams (2008-12) were college teammates at Florida State.
• Kansas City DB Tysyn Hartman (2008-12) and FB Braden Wilson (2009-12) played collegiately with Pittsburgh CB Nigel Malone (2011-12) at Kansas State.
• Chiefs President Mark Donovan is a native of Pittsburgh, Pa. Steelers OT Mike Farrell, Special Teams Coordinator Danny Smith, General Manager Kevin Colbert, QB Bruce Gradkowski and DE Cameron Heyward also call Pittsburgh their hometown.
• Chiefs OL Eric Kush was raised in Bridgeville, Pa., 10 miles southwest of Pittsburgh, and attended California University of Pennsylvania in California, Pa. Kush and Steelers S Ross Ventrone both attended Chartiers Valley High School, but not simultaneously.
• Kansas City Quarterbacks Coach Matt Nagy is a Lancaster, Pa., native.
• Chiefs WR A.J. Jenkins and Steelers LB Kion Wilson share the hometown of Jacksonville,
• Chiefs DE Rob Lohr calls Phoenixville, Pa., his hometown.
• Steelers P Brian Moorman is a native of Sedgwick, Kan., and attended Sedgwick High School.
• Kansas City Assistant Special Teams Coach Kevin O'Dea is from Williamsport, Pa.
• Steelers WR Antonio Brown, LB Sean Spence, CB DeMarcus Van Dyke, Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe, CB Kennard Cox and DT Anthony Toribio call Miami, Fla. their hometown. Brown and Bowe both attended Norland High School and were selcted as first-team All Florida Class 6-A, although they did not overlap.
• Pittsburgh RB Curtis McNeal is a native of Los Angeles along with Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid and OL Geoff Schwartz.
• Both Steelers TE Peter Tuitupou and Chiefs TE Jeff Allen claim Chicago as their hometown.
• Kansas City C Rodney Hudson and Steelers Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach John Mitchell are natives of Mobile, Ala.
• Steelers DE Ziggy Hood played collegiately for the University of Missouri.
• Pittsburgh CB Nigel Malone attended Kansas State and was part of the Wildcat football