It's officially official. Jon Baldwin is a 49er and A.J. Jenkins is a Chief. Just as quickly as the initial reports came out that the 49ers and Chiefs trade was going down, the Chiefs confirmed the move via a statement from general manager John Dorsey.
The statement reads:
"We felt like this trade was beneficial for all parties involved," Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey said. "A.J. is a talented individual with a skillset that we feel can add value to our football team. Jon Baldwin is a hardworking player and a professional. We wish him nothing but the best moving forward."
Point blank: The Chiefs thought Jenkins, a 2012 first round pick, could help them more than Jon Baldwin, a 2011 first round pick, could this season. That's really what it comes down to.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Chiefs trade Jon Baldwin to 49ers for A.J. Jenkins, according to reports
- Jamaal Charles' injury is getting better, no word on playing in preseason
- Kansas City Chiefs' Tyler Bray and Ricky Stanzi are statistically similar through 2 preseason games
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 8/19
- KC Chiefs preseason game No. 2: Fortunately, unfortunately