The Kansas City Chiefs saw San Francisco 49ers wide receiver A.J. Jenkins in Friday's preseason game and now they just traded for him. And guess who else is involved? Jon Baldwin. According to the 49ers and Chiefs, Baldwin is being traded for Jenkins.
Chiefs have traded Jon Baldwin to the 49ers for AJ Jenkins. Deal is done.— The Program (@theprogramkc) August 19, 2013
This is a shock. I see why the trade makes sense but you just don't see the player-for-player trade very often and now the KC Chiefs have done that twice (Javier Arenas for Anthony Sherman) in the Andy Reid era in Kansas City.
Baldwin was a 2011 first round pick who has disappointed in his time in Kansas City. Just this week Andy Reid appeared to be frustrated with Baldwin after he dropped a gimme pass in Friday's 49ers-Chiefs game.
Jenkins is similar to Baldwin in that he's a first round receiver. He was picked up in the 2012 draft and there were rumors that the 49ers could cut before the season. Apparently that's not the case is his fresh start will come in Kansas City.
More from Arrowhead Pride:
- Jamaal Charles' injury is getting better, no word on playing in preseason
- Kansas City Chiefs' Tyler Bray and Ricky Stanzi are statistically similar through 2 preseason games
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 8/19
- KC Chiefs preseason game No. 2: Fortunately, unfortunately
- Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry shut down one 49ers drive on his own